NOR and PSRAM

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by fuzzbutter, Apr 16, 2008.

Apr 16, 2008

NOR and PSRAM by fuzzbutter at 11:39 PM (950 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. fuzzbutter
    OP

Newcomer fuzzbutter Newbie

United States
    I recently Received my 3 in 1 which I use with my cyclods. I have a few questions:

1. I am still not fully understanding when I should use PSRAM and when I should use NOR.

2. I also do not understand why there is a SAV slot for each game with 1-5 under it. Is this so you can save multiple games for the same cart?

3. Last when I open my save folder on my microsd card on my PC. I see .SAV's .SV1's .SV2's etc. What do these mean?

2. Snch3j1b

Newcomer Snch3j1b Member

United States
    1) So essentially:

PSRAM: This is pretty much playing GBA games like your slot-1 plays DS games. It loads the game on temporary PSRAM memory and when you turn off the DS you have to load it again to play.

NOR: Takes longer but it copies the game to the 3n1's onboard memory. Now you can treat that cart like an actual cart (boot from slot-2 or play on another gba/ds/gba player).

The only time you HAVE to do NOR is when you want to play a 32 mb ROM (ex. Riviera, Mother 3). PSRAM can't handle such XBOX sized games.

4/8/16 - PSRAM and NOR APPROVED
    32 - NOR ONLY

2) Yeah.
    3) I'm going to assume you saved in different slots.

3. Harpuia

Member Harpuia GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just save in the first empty slot; don't worry about it. It's the first save. The others are optional. Took me a while to figure out too [​IMG]

4. Jack-Of-Trades

Member Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay i apologize in advance for the drug reference

Psram = Crack head Fast
    Nor = Pot head walking through the snack aisle at a grocery store