NOR and PSRAM

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by fuzzbutter, Apr 16, 2008.

1. fuzzbutter
    OP

fuzzbutter Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2008
    United States
    I recently Received my 3 in 1 which I use with my cyclods. I have a few questions:

1. I am still not fully understanding when I should use PSRAM and when I should use NOR.

2. I also do not understand why there is a SAV slot for each game with 1-5 under it. Is this so you can save multiple games for the same cart?

3. Last when I open my save folder on my microsd card on my PC. I see .SAV's .SV1's .SV2's etc. What do these mean?

2. Snch3j1b

Snch3j1b Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    1) So essentially:

PSRAM: This is pretty much playing GBA games like your slot-1 plays DS games. It loads the game on temporary PSRAM memory and when you turn off the DS you have to load it again to play.

NOR: Takes longer but it copies the game to the 3n1's onboard memory. Now you can treat that cart like an actual cart (boot from slot-2 or play on another gba/ds/gba player).

The only time you HAVE to do NOR is when you want to play a 32 mb ROM (ex. Riviera, Mother 3). PSRAM can't handle such XBOX sized games.

4/8/16 - PSRAM and NOR APPROVED
    32 - NOR ONLY

2) Yeah.
    3) I'm going to assume you saved in different slots.

3. Harpuia

Harpuia GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2007
    United States
    My House
    Just save in the first empty slot; don't worry about it. It's the first save. The others are optional. Took me a while to figure out too [​IMG]

4. Jack-Of-Trades

Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2008
    United States
    Okay i apologize in advance for the drug reference

Psram = Crack head Fast
    Nor = Pot head walking through the snack aisle at a grocery store

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice