Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall what is the best way to recover files from a corrupted memory card (I'm sure someone will come along and tell you any minute now), but you shouldn't do anything at all with the card until you recover whatever files you can. Anything that is written to the card can destroy a lost file.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't recall what is the best way to recover files from a corrupted memory card (I'm sure someone will come along and tell you any minute now), but you shouldn't do anything at all with the card until you recover whatever files you can. Anything that is written to the card can destroy a lost file.

and that means my memory card won't work anymore ?
and thx
smile.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, your card probably just has a corrupted file table or something like that. A reformat should fix it, but that would also wipe away any chance of recovering your saves.

The filesystem on your card may say that the space occupied by your save files is empty. This would allow any data written to the card to overwrite the lost save files. That is why you shouldn't use the card for anything until you have done whatever file recovery you intend to do.

If you don't really care about recovering the save files, just format the card and it should be fine.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, your card probably just has a corrupted file table or something like that. A reformat should fix it, but that would also wipe away any chance of recovering your saves.

The filesystem on your card may say that the space occupied by your save files is empty. This would allow any data written to the card to overwrite the lost save files. That is why you shouldn't use the card for anything until you have done whatever file recovery you intend to do.

If you don't really care about recovering the save files, just format the card and it should be fine.

So i have to format my SD to make it work ..
thanks for the help
but i want my saves
frown.gif
so i can't format it until i recover my files
sorry for being annoying
nyanya.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try "OnTrack Data Recovery" and "GetDataBack". Works great for me.

Also try to do a check on the microSD using Paragon Partition Manager. Maybe there's some problem with the partition. Also, Paragon Partition Manager includes a File Explorer, so if you can access the files from there, you can also save them.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Also try to do a check on the microSD using Paragon Partition Manager. Maybe there's some problem with the partition. Also, Paragon Partition Manager includes a File Explorer, so if you can access the files from there, you can also save them.

onTrack didn't work , GDB didn't work
but with PPM i manged to copy most of the save files
thank you thank you thank you
bow.gif

Dardon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't take this as being a mean comment, but I suggest you invest time into backing up your saves to a second medium (a hard drive, floppy, flash drive, CD etc) on a regular basis. I always make sure to do so every time I add a new game or after a certain amount of time.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

onTrack didn't work , GDB didn't work
but with PPM i manged to copy most of the save files
thank you thank you thank you
bow.gif
Nothing
wink.gif

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just deleted my PSP saves by accident.
biggrin.gif
Oh well, there was only almost one hunder saves. What we learned? Always do backups once per week.

Edit: Couple of typos.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
if you have a phone that takes the same size card format it in there or try a different card reader.

i learned the hard way after twice losing 25 hours of constant game play in pokemon pearl that you should always back up around every day or so (if you are continually playing like i do).
biggrin.gif

i've got corrupted files on my card at the moment and they are fine (they copied themselves across when i put on the 3 in 1 software) but i can't get them off without a format so they'll stay there until i can spend the whole day doing a format and re-putting all the files on.
rolleyes.gif

Upperleft

Namcoholic
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you have a phone that takes the same size card format it in there or try a different card reader.

i learned the hard way after twice losing 25 hours of constant game play in pokemon pearl that you should always back up around every day or so (if you are continually playing like i do).
biggrin.gif

i've got corrupted files on my card at the moment and they are fine (they copied themselves across when i put on the 3 in 1 software) but i can't get them off without a format so they'll stay there until i can spend the whole day doing a format and re-putting all the files on.
rolleyes.gif

i usually backup my saves ...
then i stopped for a month i think ,
thx for your help
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s