Emulation NooDS - Nintendo DS emulator for Vita

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it says failed to install the package probably does not exist
not sure. believe me, I could talk endlessly about the frustrations of compiling stuff, for any system. a dependency is absent or for some reason it's not found, environmental variable not found, etc. I managed to get the vitasdk installed, and without error, but I did get an error compiling NooDS. it can't find one of the header files for the 3d imaging stuff. I found the github for it, and it's supposed to be installed from vdpm's install all, so I can't say for sure if it's downloading it or if something is messed up compiling NooDS. I posted a github issue on vdpm. I uninstalled everything though. I'll try again, and I'll use the whereis command to see if the 3d imaging stuff is even being installed. then, I'll know if it's vdpm's fault or NooDS's.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1637467174640.png

1637467212587.png

Think I might be missing some dependencies.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
can someone compile it and send me the link cause i dont know how to compile things?
I'm a bit late here, but there's no need to compile it yourself. Builds for all supported systems are compiled automatically and uploaded to the releases page every time I make a change.

Awesome :) I look forward to the WiiU port :D
Haha, I actually did make a Wii U port at one point! It was a quick hack job though; I mainly wanted to make sure it ran to confirm that my code is endian-safe. I don't actually have a Wii U myself, so maintaining a port would be a bit of a hassle. Maybe some day though :P

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a bit late here, but there's no need to compile it yourself. Builds for all supported systems are compiled automatically and uploaded to the releases page every time I make a change.

Haha, I actually did make a Wii U port at one point! It was a quick hack job though; I mainly wanted to make sure it ran to confirm that my code is endian-safe. I don't actually have a Wii U myself, so maintaining a port would be a bit of a hassle. Maybe some day though :P
Hmm, interesting :D Here's hoping you eventually get a WiiU then ;) out of interest how did it run? guessing single digits without a jit?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm trying to compile it just for the heck of it, but I got this error:

1637864089133.png

Reactions: ploggy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I moved the wx folder out of wx-3.0, and it seemed to work, but I got another error for a header that's not even present:

1637865333464.png

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, interesting :D Here's hoping you eventually get a WiiU then ;) out of interest how did it run? guessing single digits without a jit?
I'm not actually sure honestly, I had someone else test it and I only saw screenshots. It was also based on an older version that was missing a lot of more recent optimizations. I attached an old build I found if anyone is bored enough to mess with it; I think it needs bios9.bin, bios7.bin, firmware.bin, and a ROM named rom.nds on the root of the SD card. Unfortunately I lost the actual source code.

I think I corrected it, but it errors at compiling. I'll have to post the error when I get home.
Are you trying to build the desktop version or the Vita version? For Vita, you have to run "make -f Makefile.vita" (and also have Vita SDK installed).

Attachments

• noods-wiiu.zip
    528.2 KB · Views: 73

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not actually sure honestly, I had someone else test it and I only saw screenshots. It was also based on an older version that was missing a lot of more recent optimizations. I attached an old build I found if anyone is bored enough to mess with it; I think it needs bios9.bin, bios7.bin, firmware.bin, and a ROM named rom.nds on the root of the SD card. Unfortunately I lost the actual source code.

Are you trying to build the desktop version or the Vita version? For Vita, you have to run "make -f Makefile.vita" (and also have Vita SDK installed).
Either one. That's the normal build. The vita one errors finding vita2d.h iirc. No errors compiling the vitasdk either. It's part of environmental variables too.

AllanFF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Hydr8gon
Hi man, sorry if this was asked before, but I didn't find anything solid about it. Also, sorry for my english, it's not my prime language.

I know that Vita doesn't have power to play all DS games flawlessly on a emulator. But what do you estimate of better performance possible, after the emulator get improved ?

legolas119

Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i tried this DS emulator, that should be the better one available on PSVITA, but every game i tried, is really slow, unplayale. Is it normal? Is there another emulator able to run DS games correctly?

Thanks!

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
hi, i tried this DS emulator, that should be the better one available on PSVITA, but every game i tried, is really slow, unplayale. Is it normal? Is there another emulator able to run DS games correctly?

Thanks!

well its work in progress. is this or nothing really. lets hope its improves by time.

Reactions: Tarmfot

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Hydr8gon :
Million thanks for your work, your time and sharing it with the comunity. I had try it out yesterday, unfortunately the framerate is to slow.
Compared with the DeSmuME-Vita is this one a little bit more slower. The graphics are nice and this emulator has a Filter option, make it great. It only needs better performance. Dementium gives me on DeSmuME-Vita ~15FPS, NooDS was give me only 9FPS.
We need minimum 25FPS and we can play relative good some games.
Please put more time into it, that you can release a great emulator ! :)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this use SDL on Linux or is it dependent on X11/Wayland? Because depending on how it ends up performing if it is SDL based then it might make a good replacement for Drastic on the rk3326/rk3399 systems.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
@ Hydr8gon :
Million thanks for your work, your time and sharing it with the comunity. I had try it out yesterday, unfortunately the framerate is to slow.
Compared with the DeSmuME-Vita is this one a little bit more slower. The graphics are nice and this emulator has a Filter option, make it great. It only needs better performance. Dementium gives me on DeSmuME-Vita ~15FPS, NooDS was give me only 9FPS.
We need minimum 25FPS and we can play relative good some games.
Please put more time into it, that you can release a great emulator ! :)

please be patient. im sure if he makes it 25FPS it will need a lot hack jobs. but a lot of games will be buggy. his laying the foundation for future proof. then im sure Hydr8gon will optimize it later on for better performance. but this doesnt happen over night, for someone who does this for fun and not a job.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course it needs patient. It was only a encourage post, that he is not give up. :)
I am willing to pay 10euro for this project and his free time. But I can only use PaySafeCard system, so far he want it.
It must not be perfect, but hopefully some older games will work, like Dementium, something with 16mb and 32mb rom file size, bigger ones will maybe make trouble like Final Fantasy XII with 128mb. But I am use Ps3 controller only, so touchscreen is not working for me, would be good to inject a mouse courser for analog sticks. He can post every update and we the comunity can test it.
In all the dark days, this is what the world needs. Thanks man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.