OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, I'm kind of new with this hacking stuff and I always lerk around so I was thinking of discussing with you guys about the CFW scenario on these days and the possibilities of a downgrade tool such as Gateway's from 9.2 to 4.5

I mean is that a possible thing that can be done? What would be needed to make this happen. I know nintendo is releasing a lot of regular updates but running backups would be great since I have a lot of physical cartridges. So That's kind of it all heheheheh Thank You beforehand!

Reactions: dpad_5678

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can't downgrade, install cfw, or pirate on a fresh 10.3 system. Sorry. I'm on 9.9 myself but I got Ironhax (which you can't get anymore). You can get a Sky3DS though for that matter. I find downloading the ROM of the game you own still morally fine though

Last edited by WaffleWafer,

stefanoteco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I knew the answer, not the SKY3DS part... But still I wanted to discuss about possibilities, I mean, what does it take to get a software that could allow a Downgrade utility or How could we edit some code to make it work. Since all the codes are open on githubs and stuff I was hoping to get some advanced hacker people to talk and open a discussion :v

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always downgrade, provided you have a nand backup from the desired firmware (Taken from your 3DS), and you are willing to hard-mod it.

The problem on 10.3 (And any FW above 9.2) is that there are no exploits with the correct permissions (You know, kernel access and such) to grant full use of the system. If an exploit was found, you could install CFW, downgrade (Without the need for a hard-mod), install .cia's, etc.

Developers posting source for their applications isn't going to lead anywhere in terms of CFW on 9.3+. A new exploit, with more access to the system than what we currently have for those FWs, is required.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be better to call that an entry point, not an exploit. The exploit used there was still Smea's Ninjhax payload, which has Kernel access for <=9.2, but not 9.3+ (The exploit used to chain Kernel access from userland was patched in 9.3).

stefanoteco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Brazil
And might I ask, considering the dollar conversion that makes it really expensive in my country, where could I find those. I can buy anyone up to 9.2 that I cand downgrade?

By the way thank you all for comimg and answering! :mthr:

D

Deleted User

And might I ask, considering the dollar conversion that makes it really expensive in my country, where could I find those. I can buy anyone up to 9.2 that I cand downgrade?

By the way thank you all for comimg and answering! :mthr:
If there's some sort of Brazilian site like Craigslist or Kijiji, (which I'd imagine there would be) then you could try and look there.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm kind of new with this hacking stuff and I always lerk around so I was thinking of discussing with you guys about the CFW scenario on these days and the possibilities of a downgrade tool such as Gateway's from 9.2 to 4.5

I mean is that a possible thing that can be done? What would be needed to make this happen. I know nintendo is releasing a lot of regular updates but running backups would be great since I have a lot of physical cartridges. So That's kind of it all heheheheh Thank You beforehand!
No, lol! You don't need to pirate! I know it's not because you want to run you're own legally dumped backups. We all know. No one will say "Yes" just because you have a more ethical reason/use.
I knew the answer, not the SKY3DS part... But still I wanted to discuss about possibilities, I mean, what does it take to get a software that could allow a Downgrade utility or How could we edit some code to make it work. Since all the codes are open on githubs and stuff I was hoping to get some advanced hacker people to talk and open a discussion :v
Random Open Source Project =/= Piracy or Kexploit.
If it was that easy, it would've been done by now.
You can't downgrade, install cfw, or pirate on a fresh 10.3 system. Sorry. I'm on 9.9 myself but I got Ironhax (which you can't get anymore). You can get a Sky3DS though for that matter. I find downloading the ROM of the game you own still morally fine though
FINALLY! Someone who isn't a piracy obsessed jackass.

Last edited by dpad_5678,

stefanoteco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Brazil
FINALLY! Someone who isn't a piracy obsessed jackass.

But i'm not asking this for the piracy! I Just don't wanna take all the 12 cartridges with me all the time and still wanna be able to play those 12 games if I feel like playing them. It's not something so desperate but it would be nice (and cheaper if my DS get stolen or something)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

But i'm not asking this for the piracy! I Just don't wanna take all the 12 cartridges with me all the time and still wanna be able to play those 12 games if I feel like playing them. It's not something so desperate but it would be nice (and cheaper if my DS get stolen or something)
Understandable. I have less cartridges but even then it's a pain in the ass to bring them with me everywhere.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. It just that alot of people want to get everything for free, and t's not fair to whoever makes the games and other people that actually buy them. It just makes me very mad.

I judged without thinking.
I apologize.

Reactions: Deleted User

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OP ofc downgrade is possible, however most likely we won't see it for awhile... why? Well let's say that a kernel exploit, and this is only an arm11 exploit which is all that's needed for downgrade, was released tomorrow, Nintendo would probably patch it pretty fast... OK so now we've burned another fairly rare arm11 kernel exploit, now ofc this has happened before, but now is NOT the time to release it... it would only cover 9.3-10.3 which is much less of a range of the previous exploit which was 4.1-9.2 which is a huge range... So the best course of action will probably be to wait until the 3ds reaches EOL then release the kernel exploits, which looks to be the plan of most developers as of now... Hope this answers your questions

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome