Noobish Slot 1 Question

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by senna, Jan 3, 2007.

Jan 3, 2007

Noobish Slot 1 Question by senna at 8:02 PM (908 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. senna
    OP

Newcomer senna Newbie

United States
    Just need a little clarification. If I understand correctly, testing download play for slot 1 means testing if I have a game, and the other person does not, but downloads from me. So, what I want to know, is if I have a backup rom on a slot one, and want to play a multiplayer game either over wifi, or with someone else who has an actual cartridge of the game, would that work. If that made any sense all. I think I managed to type that in the most convoluted way possible, and of course I can't think of any games to give an example with now. Anyway, Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. SuperDinoYoshi

Newcomer SuperDinoYoshi Member

United States
    I think i get it
    Your asking if you can use a "backup" against someone with a cart

And i think the answer is yes, you can.

3. senna
    OP

Newcomer senna Newbie

United States
    cool, thanks [​IMG]

4. HoneyLager

Newcomer HoneyLager Newbie

Burundi
    Not to hijack, but my question is similar...

If I have a M3 Lite and a tetris rom, and a M3 Simply and a tetris rom, will they be able to connect and play together?

5. pitprop

Newcomer pitprop Member

United Kingdom
    Yes it will play ok..

The problem with download play is because on some games the DS that recieves the download has a check ( to make sure it got the download ok). When using flash cards the check does not work correctly. If the recieving DS is flashed, then it bypasses the check ( thats why download play works on flashed DS's ).
    Some games have been programmed without the check and work OK (big brain acadamy and metroid pinball for example).

If you have the rom on both DS's then there is no problem ( does not matter if they are legit carts or on back-up devices)

6. lurker

Newcomer lurker Member

I'd think that the check is actually to see if the downloaded data is signed properly or not, to prevent unsigned code from being run. FlashMe removes this protection, and thus allows the code to run. However, I've heard that even with a flashed DS you can still have download play problems, and some games work even without FlashMe.

I'm not too clear on this, not being particularly interested in it, but I've heard one of the reasons why the sign check fails on slot-2 cards was that they had to be patched (to make DS roms from the GBA slot work), and since the majority of slot-1 cards use clean roms, download play should work better.