netaware

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am a total noob with xbox modding. I have a WII that I have modded and I am very familar with that.
I am looking to get a Xbox 360 and wanted to know if there is a softmod tutorial. I also would like to know if ANY mod, hard or soft is LIVE safe.

Thanks for wasting your time on me :D

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, first off, no mod is live safe. You will always have the chance of getting banned with a modded 360. For hacking it though:

1: Dvd backups. You flash the LT+2.0 on to your drive (Depending on which kind of drive you have this will differ on how to flash.)

2: Jtag it. You can get emulators and a custom dashboard and play games through USB, though it's pretty hard to do and requires a old xbox with an old dash. Though their is also the Reset Glitch Hack, the "new" jtag.

3: Things like the X360Dock are soderless mods chips that can also play xbox games through USB. Though it's not really advised to go on live with it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, first off, no mod is live safe. You will always have the chance of getting banned with a modded 360. For hacking it though:

1: Dvd backups. You flash the LT+2.0 on to your drive (Depending on which kind of drive you have this will differ on how to flash.)

2: Jtag it. You can get emulators and a custom dashboard and play games through USB, though it's pretty hard to do and requires a old xbox with an old dash.

3: Things like the X360Dock are soderless mods chips that can also play xbox games through USB. Though it's not really advised to go on live with it.

1: LT+ 2.0 is Live safe (with correctly patched backups)
2: Reset Glitch Hack also has a hacked kernel/dashboard so it's the updated jTAG.
3: I fully agree with you on that.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2: Jtag it. You can get emulators and a custom dashboard and play games through USB, though it's pretty hard to do and requires a old xbox with an old dash.

1: LT+ 2.0 is Live safe (with correctly patched backups) It's as live safe as possible. There is still a chance of being banned, you just have to take precautions so that you will less likely get banned.
2: Reset Glitch Hack also has a hacked kernel/dashboard so it's the updated jTAG. Ah, forgot about that :P.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Even with a completely unmodded 360, there is a chance of being banned (profile & console)

But with correctly patched backups its as safe as it can get yep.

netaware

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

1: LT+ 2.0 is Live safe (with correctly patched backups) It's as live safe as possible. There is still a chance of being banned, you just have to take precautions so that you will less likely get banned.
2: Reset Glitch Hack also has a hacked kernel/dashboard so it's the updated jTAG. Ah, forgot about that :P.

what do you mean precautions?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what do you mean precautions?

Like not being on Live for too long, making sure all of your backups are correctly burned and patched. Having the most up to date fw, etc.

Also @Dino: Well, yeah, if you break the rules online :P. Though that and playing backups on live are two different things :lol:.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
First of all their is no soft-mod per-se, all xbox mods require the opening of you xbox and the connecting you dvd drive to your pc via sata cables. I can't remember much about the reset glitch but I belive it still required the opening of your console.

Also are you using a slim or phat xbox as both have different hacking methods

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Nujui Didn't MS banned some consoles by mistake??
That is a minute possibility of beeing banned.

Even tho I've played for hours on end on Live with my flashed console ;p, I've never been banned/flagged for anything.

Yep just patch your backups with ABGX then burn them on a Verbatim DVD DL on 2.4x speed.
If it is an AP 2.5/26 game repatch them EVERY SINGLE DASHUPDATE!!!!!
Also never update via Live but always via USB and flash your DVD drive back to stock BEFORE UPDATING.

Don't use MS points generators and don't do Non-jTAG shit.
Also never mention that your box is flashed on Live (this may sound paranoid but MS can sift through messages etc)

Keeping that in mind will prevent you for 99% from being banned.

netaware

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK so if I go out and get a BRAND NEW Xbox 360 this holiday season, best way to mod is LT+ 2.0 an d still be LIVE safe.

Now I just have to research LT+ 2.0. Any good places to start?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: