Gaming Noobie question about release list's

Thibor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very new to the DS scene. I am trying to collect all DS roms. I am usuing CLRmamePRO as my rom organizer.
Were can I find the most current and the most accurate list or *.dat file ?? I got one from PocketHeaven.com but the
numbers from 0800-0835 are not the same as the release list I am seeing here on GBAtemp.net. They match all the
way up to 0800 but then they start to differ.

Here is an example:

PocketHeaven.com release.dat say's #0804 is: Charlotte's Web
BUT....
GBAtemp.com is showing me that #0804 is: Dead 'N' Furious

What is the deal ? Please advise
smile.gif

Thank you
Thibor

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Numbers are added by the site you visit and they frequently do not match. Very few people use numbers explicitly to refer to roms because of this but they are nice to have sometimes (I use numbers for all my roms).

CLRMamepro dats are probably best served (i.e accuracy and frequency of updates) by http://www.freewebs.com/emuconnie/ (no-intro lists) or http://www.advanscene.com/ (ADVANsCEne lists)

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah even ADVANsCEne has two DAT's where the ROMs have completely different numbers... theres the "collectors" Dat that includes things like kiosk downloads and the normal dat which is games only.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yep,

i'd use the "scene list" tho. hardware dumps are kinda pointless anyway.

unless u REALLY like collecting useless data ^^

NDSFreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah even ADVANsCEne has two DAT's where the ROMs have completely different numbers... theres the "collectors" Dat that includes things like kiosk downloads and the normal dat which is games only.

A little late but anyway, it's the same numbering in the two dats but for the "collectors" dat you need put this string under Tools/options/ROM Naming/ROM naming mask: %e - %n %o% in OfflineList to get the correct numbers as stated on the download page
smile.gif
and then the demos, nintendo club and so on will be xxxx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.