Gaming Noob with Psp Hacking/Firmware Questions

SNESGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
These have proberly been asked hundrds of times buy anyway was wondering if someone could answer my questions.

1. Is there way to hack/use the firmware toplay hombrew etc on a phat psp without buying the battery thing?
(b) Is the battery/firmware hard to install and get working ( Could anybody do it with no difficulty? or minor?)

2. Can you put Nintendo 64 games on the psp phat successfully when it has been modded/hacked?
(b) Same question but with psp games

3. Is this 100% safe to do (Can psp get bricked etc)

Thanks in advance!

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Google my friend
smile.gif
or use the search funtion in the PSP forums

1.Not Sure I used pandoras battery on a Slim
(b) Battery was easy to install CFW

2.Yes but not sure on compatability
(b) whats the point in flashing a PSP if you cant play PSP games
smile.gif

3. Yes it can be bricked.. but do it exactly how you read up and you should have no problems.. all you have to do is look about the forums thats how I sorted my PSP out

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It depends upon your current firmware whether or not you can avoid using a Pandora battery...if you haven't updated in over a year there's a slim possibility that you can use a game exploit to downgrade, and if you've never updated the firmware it's even better, but the safest option is always going to be to use a Pandora since if you run into a problem, that's what you need to get out of it. If you somehow brick with the game exploits then you're scuppered until you get yourself a Pandora...why put off the inevitable purchase (i wouldn't recommend the hard mod for your battery)

With a Pandora battery purchased and a Pro Duo MS of between 256Mb and 4gb (get a Sandisk 4Gb Pro Duo) it's very very simple to install cfw on any compatible PSP.

Yes you can put N64 games on the PSP and try to emulate them using Daedalus...although this is now being actively worked on the compatibility with games is nothing to get excited about....if you want to play N64 games you'd be better of getting a cheap console from ebay.

I'm going to pretend that i didn't read your question about the PSP games....isn't it obvious?

It's 99.99% safe if you have a Pandora....ultimately nothing is 100% but so long as you've done your research you'd have to be pretty idiotic to screw up permanently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu