Hacking NOOB with IOS16-64...problem

Phreespirit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not a techie and updated to V4.0U (dumb**s, I know). I have installed the Homebrew Channel but I get a 1035error when I try to install IOS16-64... in the 1st part of the downgrade process. I have tried re-downloading and unzipping files in case something was missed. It worked on a V3.4U unit I tried. Do I need something else?
Also, I have found when I initially go to AnyRegionChanger I get the following:
Identifying as SU...Error! ES_Indentify (ret = -1017)
Initializing Filesystem driver...OK!
Error! ES_OpenTitlecontent (ret = -1026)
I am guessing that before finding your much needed guide, I screwed something up and got a file somewhere it shouldn't be. I have tried deleting the Homebrew Channel and starting again with reformatted SD card.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
4.0 includes a dummy IOS16 that you cannot overwrite. If you're looking to downgrade IOSes, look up Comex's notdvdx (also goes by the name CMDVDX34) to downgrade IOS35. (THIS WILL NOT WORK ON THE BOOT2V4/LU64 WIIS. If "you are a pirate", use NandClean and delete you WADs, then retry). From there, install cIOS (the newer installers let you choose what IOS to use) with IOS35.

AnyRegion Changer tries to identify itself as a "super user" (comparable to sudo in *nix machines). If I recall correctly, it needs an IOS with the Trucha bug in it to do this.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
AnyRegion Changer tries to identify itself as a "super user" (comparable to sudo in *nix machines). If I recall correctly, it needs an IOS with the Trucha bug in it to do this.

Nothing to do with trucha, the ES_ functions were patched out separately

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu