Hacking Noob with alot of questions concerning TPHack

OmegaFiraga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm a real noob when it comes to hacking the wii, but have some questions. If they can't be answered due to forum rules, I apologize. I don't really see why they would be though.

1) I read all of the guides for hacking the wii, and Big Moe's seems to be awesome. Only problem is I don't see his installer. Am I not looking in the right place?

2) When you hack your wii without a mod chip, are you still allowed to play online with friends,

3) play regular(not back ups) games with no compatibility issues,

3) and still purchase/use games from the wii shop channel?

4) Which guide do you recomend to hack a wii?

5) What are the downsides to hacking your wii?

Thanks in advance!

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
5) What are the downsides to hacking your wii?
Warranty is for gays or people that are TIGHT.....

It's also for people who break there Wii!
ohmy.gif
!

For 1), you have to PM him. If you have problems with the v3 installer, ask for v2.
The rest of your questions can be answered through posts on related topics. Oh, and if you use a backup loader (which is what BigMoe's guide was referring to, not modding the Wii), you can download Snes emulators and other stuff so paying for them via Wii Shop Channel is frivolous. Good luck!

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be a jerk about this, but you obviously took no time to read ANYTHING. If you did, you'd have you answers already

OmegaFiraga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. djtaz, i'll check out the link in your sig in the next hour or so. As for mcj, maybe I should have been more clear. I have read several TPhack tutorials not on this site, but I read Big Moe's tutorial on this site. I find it kind of surprising that there is no download or link to his installer as I believe the tutorial was first written in November/early December (this is off the top off my head). Also, I did not see in his tutorial nor anyone else's (that I had read, which is 5 or so) answers to several of my questions. And lastly, I realize you can use emulators on the Wii, but I just wanted to make sure that the VC purchases I made were still usable. I apologize if you guys get these questions everday, and thank everyone who either helped or attempted to help me. I hope the format I asked my questions in did not consume too much of everyone's time.

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OmegaFiraga said:
Thanks everyone. djtaz, i'll check out the link in your sig in the next hour or so. As for mcj, maybe I should have been more clear. I have read several TPhack tutorials not on this site, but I read Big Moe's tutorial on this site. I find it kind of surprising that there is no download or link to his installer as I believe the tutorial was first written in November/early December (this is off the top off my head). Also, I did not see in his tutorial nor anyone else's (that I had read, which is 5 or so) answers to several of my questions. And lastly, I realize you can use emulators on the Wii, but I just wanted to make sure that the VC purchases I made were still usable. I apologize if you guys get these questions everday, and thank everyone who either helped or attempted to help me. I hope the format I asked my questions in did not consume too much of everyone's time.

he's apparently having some technical issues with the download link, I believe, which is why he requires you to PM him. Enjoy! Now I'm stumped on the installation my self. ^-^'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs