noob with 360... have a few Q's

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by zidane_genome, Feb 17, 2009.

Feb 17, 2009
  1. zidane_genome
    OP

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    I'm going to be getting a 360 hopefully soon, and had a few questions... if anyone could help out, that would be great!

do I have to have a desktop to flash the drive? I have a laptop and a sata2usb device... will that work? I don't have a desktop with sata support.

if I flash the drive, will it play xbox 1 games, or do I need something else for that?

how is the HD connected to the system? I have an old 80gig sata laptop drive, will that work, or do i need to buy a special drive? (since I have the 80gig drive, would like to save the $100/$150 on that!)

just wanna know if it would be better to grab 360 or a PSP... seeing which is easier to hack! thanks!

2. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    1. No you don't but it's highly recommended. If you don't you can buy a VIA 6421A PCMCIA for the laptop but its better if you get a Via Sata card. Both you can find off of ebay.

2. Yes you will be able to play Xbox 1 games but you have to burn them on a dual-layer disc and I think you have to patch it a bit more, not sure.

3. You have to use a Microsoft HD to save content. I believe nothing else will work.

3. zidane_genome
    OP

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    so a SATA2USB won't work for flashing the drive?

And there's no way to use a Seagate mini HD with SATA (from my lappy) with the 360?

4. ikick9000

Newcomer ikick9000 Member

Canada

xbox 1 games will be bannable, because they arent 1:1 copies... since you need to change even single layer iso's into dual layer...

you cannot flash with a USB:SATA connector unless you have a Hitachi drive. (no new xbox does.)

the 80 gig will not work unless it is a supported western digital BEVS drive... and only then can you flash the SS(Security sector) of a legit microsoft 60/80GB hdd onto it, and it will work if you pop it into a 5$ plastic casing for the top of the xbox [​IMG]