Hacking Noob questions using ezy flash 3 in 1?

zac320

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys i just got my ezflash vi and a 3 in 1, anyway i got the firmware loaded onto the vi, along with some gba games, so i started it up and and clicked on a gba game and it said norflash or psram? so i just clicked norflash and anyway it took ages for me to start the game, but it works great, is this teh way how to do it?
Cheers.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can also load it into PSRAM. But be aware that once you turned off your DS, anything in PSRAM will be gone. So you'll have to load it again. NOR is a permanent memory with slow loading while PSRAM is a temporary memory with fast loading.

Also NOR can take 32mb while PSRAM can only take 16mb.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
NOR transfers at about 1MB per 9 seconds for both flashing to and erasing from. There isn't a way to speed that up...I believe the same may hold for PSRAM as well, though that goes in a 1:1 speed, so it isn't quite so bad.

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
You can also load it into PSRAM. But be aware that once you turned off your DS, anything in PSRAM will be gone. So you'll have to load it again. NOR is a permanent memory with slow loading while PSRAM is a temporary memory with fast loading.

Also NOR can take 32mb while PSRAM can only take 16mb.

Don't you mean slow read/write speeds?It's suppose to emulate the original GBA cart as possible with random access times.I heard it is actually comparable to SRAM in sense of read random access.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
SgtThom said:
Don't you mean slow read/write speeds?It's suppose to emulate the original GBA cart as possible with random access times.I heard it is actually comparable to SRAM in sense of read random access.
I'm lost at what you are asking about...PSRAM is sort of similar to SRAM (hence the similar name)...but NOR is a little different.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SgtThom said:
I mean the amount of time it takes to write a game into NOR or PSRAM. It takes more time to write a game into NOR than PSRAM. Once written, game itself will run on the same speed.

NOR is non volatile memory. PSRAM and SRAM are volatile memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it