Noob Questions Please Help!

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by PokemonFan212, Dec 29, 2008.

Dec 29, 2008
  1. PokemonFan212
    OP

Newcomer PokemonFan212 Newbie

Canada
    Hi, this is my first post so please be kind. I'm a hardcore noob when it comes to this flashcart business etc, but apparently from what i've read, it's possible to download rom save files, input them into empty cartridges, and play them off of your Nintendo DS and/or Gameboy Advance.

My question is, is it possible to overwrite a legit DS or Gameboy Advanced cartridge with a rom save file of the same game? So, if i have a Pokemon Emerald cartridge on my Gameboy Advance or DS for example, and i also have a Pokemon Emerald rom on my computer that i play with using an emulator, would it be possible to transfer the save file from the Pokemon Emerald rom on the computer to the Pokemon Emerald cartridge for my DS or GBA?

Is there any type of flashcart or whatever kind of machine/mechanism to get this done? Because then i could have all the pokemon i want by getting them on my computer rom through gameshark cheats made available by the emulator, and then just transfer them to my real-life legit cartidges to make them look legit.

2. PokemonFan212
    OP

Canada
    No? Nobody knows?

3. JPdensetsu

Member JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Taiwan
    The GBA section is not very popular, you can use the tools of Rudolph. It's kinda easy!

For DS
    Download the NDS Backup Wifi Tool. You can download it: Here. Then you need a FTP app. Download the Small FTP here. So... If you all did this, you can configurate the FTP. Go to Settings -> Users -> Add. Now you can choose you're own username and password. By Directory, choose c:\. And by Permissions write LRW. So that's done, now start the FTP by pressing on the green triangle. Now you need to edit the ini file. Edit the login and the password. So... That's it. At least, you need to create a map called NDS_BACKUP. Now put the .nds file and the ini at you're root of the SD card. And start the nds file. Follow the instructions on the screen.

For GBA:
    For the GBA it's much easier. Download the GBA Backup Tool here. After that. put the gba save on you're slot 1 micro SD Card and start the GBA Backup Tool on you're DS. Then follow the instructions on the screen.

I hope I could help you a bit. Sorry for my bad English!
    EDIT: If you don't have a flashcard. You still can't do this [​IMG]

4. PokemonFan212
    OP

Canada
    ^hmm... i'm a little confused, will these files that i download on my computer enable me to overwrite the real legit cartridges? I'm only interested in getting a flashcart if i can do that.

Secondly i downloaded the files from the first two links you gave me from the "For DS".

The link for the "GBA Backup Tool" is broken though, and i couldn't download it.

Also, could you tell me what the tools of Rudolf are and what they do?

Thanks for your reply.