Gaming Noob question

Nephilim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't slay me for asking this question.

I've been using an M3 DS simply with my DS for more than a year now and its all very simple. You download the roms, throw those onto the little memory device and plug it in, good to go.

I am wondering what the process requires for a PSP? With a DS you have to buy an emulator device such as an M3 or R4, is this the same with PSP? Or do I simply do something with a non-specific memory stick to change my firmware to run roms(this is jargon I only have understand since I as of yet do not own a PSP).

Thank you ahead of time for not slaying me for asking such a simple question! Any help what so ever on this is GREATLY appreciated.

Kailieann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need a specific 'device' to run things from the custom firmware, but you DO need access to a special battery that boots up the system into service mode in order to install it.

Your best bet is to try and get a pre-modded PSP. If you can't, you'll either have to find someone who already has a service battery, buy one online, or make one yourself.
Check the "installing a custom firmware tutorial" sticky for more details.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Another thing. PSP games are way bigger than DS games, so just don't think that 1 or 2 gigs will hold lots of games, get at least 4 or maybe even 8. PSP isos even when compressed int o CSO's are like over 3-400 MB average. And games can be bigger than a gig. I just started playing PSP again, so correct me if I'm wrong in any way.
tongue.gif

Nephilim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I looked around and ended up buying a pandora battery kit with magic memory stick and battery. Biggest game I have seen so far is Jean D'Arc at over 600mb. So is CSO a form I can compress them into to make them smaller? If so how do I do it?

Any recomendations on where to get a cheap 4gb card?

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FF Crisis Core is 1.16 GB or something. And there is a way to go from ISO to CSO, I'm just not sure yet, haven't looked into it... As for the memory card, I find the stores like Best Buy and stuff are overpriced. I'm not sure (again), but try Amazon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls