noob question tubehax and game updates

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by weatMod, Jun 9, 2016.

1. weatMod
    OP

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    ok i just bouhgt a used wiiu factory reset it, and it had MK8 preinstalled
    i set up the internet connection and set up tubehax DNS

but now when i try to update MK8 it says "software could not be updated"

i was under the impression that tubehax only blocks youtube (and eshop?)
    and that you could still play games online with tubehax as long as you had the latest game update
    and that you could still download game updates as long as you are on the latest fw
    so does tubehax block you from downloading game updates even if you are on latest fw?
    is it safe to unblock and update MK ? then it will work online right?
    is it tubehax preventing the game update or is there something else wrong here?

Last edited by weatMod, Jun 9, 2016
  2. Denni93

Denni93 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2016
    Gambia, The
    You can still play online when you are using Tubehax. For playing your original games online you have to be on the latest firmware or you have to spoof to the latest one. Downloading game updates doesn´t work while using Tubehax, you can either turn Tubehax off really quick (which I wouldn´t recommend), download the game updates you need and turn Tubehax on again, or you have to download the game update manually from your PC with a program like "JNUSGrabber" and install it on your own. Second option would be the safest way.

Since I don´t know what firmware you are using right now I can´t tell what´s best for you.
    For option 1 you have to be on the latest firmware (as far as I know).
    For option 2 it doesn´t matter on what firmware you are (if you don´t want to play online and just want to download the game update)

MegaSuperab2 and weatMod like this.
  3. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    You can do anything with TubeHax. I don't think your game will update with you being on a old firmware. I would suggest updating to 5.5.1 (latest) so it can update. You can do almost anything on 5.5.1 (like homebrew, DDD, modding) and it will let you update your games and play online. If you have a old firmware it won't let you play online either.

4. weatMod
    OP

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    I am on latest FW it would not update with tubehax I had to remove it ,update the game and put it back ,yes I know 5.5.1 is capable of the same thing as 5.3.2 that's why in went out and bought a Wii u now