ROM Hack Noob Question involving FBI

Nihility

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, firstly, I'm on a New 3ds ver. 11.0.0-33U, and i'm attempting to use FBI to install a GBA ROM (namely, Metroid: Zero Mission). I'm 99% certain that the ROM is legit. However, whenever i attempt to install the .cia file, i get the following message:
Install failed!
Metroid Zero Mission.cia
Source: SOURCE_AM_START_CIA_INSTALL (0x13)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0x6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND (0x2f)

As far as extra details are concerned, my method for accessing the Homebrew Launcher is via entering the following URL on my 3ds's Internet Browser: https://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php and clicking on skater31hax

The version of FBI is use is FBI 123.123
If anyone can assist me, it would be much appreciated.
Also, I should mention that more or less the same error appears if i try to install anything else, too.

Last edited by Nihility,
D

Deleted User

Ok, firstly, I'm on a New 3ds ver. 11.0.0-33U, and i'm attempting to use FBI to install a GBA ROM (namely, Metroid: Zero Mission). I'm 99% certain that the ROM is legit. However, whenever i attempt to install the .cia file, i get the following message:
Install failed!
Metroid Zero Mission.cia
Source: SOURCE_AM_START_CIA_INSTALL (0x13)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0x6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND (0x2f)

As far as extra details are concerned, my method for accessing the Homebrew Launcher is via entering the following URL on my 3ds's Internet Browser: https://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php and clicking on skater31hax

The version of FBI is use is FBI 123.123
If anyone can assist me, it would be much appreciated.
Also, I should mention that more or less the same error appears if i try to install anything else, too.
u need a cfw to install CIA files. first go to the pleilect guide which is on the front page of gbatemp.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, once again, I'm nearly a total noob at this, so I'm not even really sure how to use CFW.
You have to downgrade in order to use CFW, so you have 2 options: A) get a hardmod done, or B) find another 3DS that has CFW to do the DSiware downgrade method. Otherwise, you're SOL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.