1. Lettmon

OP Lettmon Newbie
    Newcomer

Latvia
    None of the tutorials I have watched show this. I have firmware 3.73 and I have just h*cked my Vita.

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    you'll have to search google, but there's a website with game links for all playstation platforms. they're official links too, so they won't be removed via dmca. it's against the rules to write the app name here (I think).

3. Lettmon

OP Lettmon Newbie
    Newcomer

Latvia
    I didn't find the answer in google, that's why I came here.

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    look up pkgj. I don't think the app name is against the rules, but the links for it are. it will say how to use it on github

5. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

United States
    "h*cked" lmao
    Vita application packages are installed using VitaShell which comes with HENkaku, but that's all the information you're basically allowed to share on GBATemp because they don't want any takedown notices

6. ScarletDreamz
    This message by ScarletDreamz has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Dec 6, 2019.
    Dec 6, 2019 Show
  7. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

Antarctica
    Words like hacked and pirated aren't censored on GBAtemp.
    It's against the rules to directly link towards pirated content however the discussion of it is allowed.

So is mentioning the name of pkgj or w/e the name is.
    Think about Freeshop and how popular it was on the 3DS boards back in the day.

@Lettmon I suggest NoPayStation.
    Games that come in .vpk form (usually maidump or vitamin? dumped games) have to be installed from within Vitashell/Molecular shell.
    I recommend against installing vpk backups as it's not a clean backup.
    The saves and DLC is incompatible with retail games.
    Games that come as folder rips can be installed by copying them to the respective parent folder (app folder etc)
    Refreshing the Live Area from within Vitashell will display the bubbles of the game.

IncredulousP, Uiaad and zfreeman like this.
  8. Haizum74

Haizum74 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You mean Portal Roms?

9. smileyhead

smileyhead This is definitely not a robotic component!

Hungary
    Directly mentioning names of piracy sites isn't allowed, but if you edit your post the way I edited the quote it's fine.

10. ertaboy356b

ertaboy356b GBAtemp Regular

Look around reddit

11. Lettmon

OP Lettmon Newbie
    Newcomer

Latvia
    That's the term we use in my homeland.

12. James_
    This message by James_ has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Dec 7, 2019, Reason: Not EoF.
    Dec 7, 2019 Show
  13. smileyhead

smileyhead This is definitely not a robotic component!

Hungary
    He's saying you don't need to censor it. Discussion about hacks and piracy is fine.

Orangy57 likes this.
  14. Lettmon

OP Lettmon Newbie
    Newcomer

Latvia
    Ok, I copied the game folder to the Vitashell app folder, but when I press triangle my Vita reboots instead of showing Options and Refresh Live Area. Is it because I have firmare 3.73 instead of 3.72? Do I have to downgrade to 3.72?

15. ZeroSene

ZeroSene Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Vietnam
    Lettmon, all plugin do not support firmware higher than 3.65 because the enso only work best on 3.60 and 3.65. If you prefer to use 3.68-3.73, you have to accept that thing will break and will not work correctly because the firmware block those plugin. If you want to use plugin and hack and ecchi game, consider downgrade.
    For your info, 3.68-3.73 hacked can play some psp game Patched, and can use vitashell to transfer/edit file. That's all.

16. HRudyPlayZ

HRudyPlayZ GBAtemp Regular

France
    Do not follow video guides, follow vita.hacks.guide if possible. Just downgrade, hacks aren't stable on 3.69+ and it will improve your console in a few steps...
    To downgrade, make sure to use SKGleba's modoru. It fixed the problems on higher FWs. (I would recommend FW 3.60 so you can reinstall Henkaku easily)
    After you downgrade, make sure to use reFOOD to play games 3.61+.

For piracy (or pir*cy as you like), you can use PKGj/ NoPayStation. They use the official links so no DMCA possible (as stated above).
    Do not use maidumps/vitamins dumps, most of them aren't just vpks and contain some folders along with them but maidump in particular is very unstable and outdated.
    If you find a clean VPK dump, why not, use VitaShell (It doesn't come with Henkaku, MolecularShell does and i would recommend to install VitaShell from it) to install it.
    If you find a NoNPDRM dump, that's fine but you will need to use a plugin (which is required for piracy anyways, it's also called NoNPDRM).

17. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

you should research before blindly following guides.

understand what you need, what needs to be done.

all guides ive known explain whats needed, but to give you the best answer, pkgj is the best option.

i used to use miadumps, never had any issues other than boot options were a nightmare to get certain games to work, so stick with the above.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  18. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    like others have said, just follow the only guide worth trusting at https://vita.hacks.guide/
    ...that will get you everything you need.

19. Lettmon

OP Lettmon Newbie
    Newcomer

Latvia
    When trying to downgrade firmware I softbricked my Vita ughh

20. HRudyPlayZ

HRudyPlayZ GBAtemp Regular

France
    That's why i said, use the SKGleba version. You can un soft-brick by reinstalling the FW...

21. Lettmon

OP Lettmon Newbie
    Newcomer

Latvia
    Ok, I unbricked it by connecting it to my PS3 :p1ng:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - question, actually, install