Hacking Noob Question: CFW Luma Updating

heroarc8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Before I made it to Luma 8.1.1 Sys 9.2.20U (This is my default system boot)
(yup, i did not yet upgraded the firmware under luma)

My stock firmware ->> 9.2.20U
an EmuNAND (which is used on my GW) -> 11.6.0-39 (which was made following this method by Netinirvana)

(well this is tested working prior installing Luma 8.1.1 B9S as followed on https://3ds.guide)

From this point I have the following problem in my system:

1st
I have this 022-2634 error which was result of formating the memory of my SysNand 9.2.20 which is under the settings menu to unlink my nands (Emunand and Sysnand).
(I already tried the GodMode solution as mentioned here => https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting , yet still getting error message everytime I enter eshop when I boot
the Emunand 11.6.0-39 + eshop spoofer)

My theory is Ninetendo Servers detects that I format my System Memory thus , on my thinking:

Legend: A = 3DS with my settings/ identification before format system memory
B = 3DS with my Settings/ Identification after format memory

Nintendo recognize that I formatted A thus all connections of A shall be ignored by their servers and they transferred their recognition
to B which I think shall connect to Nintendo Servers before it resumes detecting my NNID to my device.

However, since the B can only be connected to Nintendo Servers I shall be required updating the system firmware to latest 11.6.0-39 (not emunand).
I tried installing LUMA in order for me to install Eshop Spoofer on the Luma Sys 9.2.20U so I can connect to eshop servers without
updating the firmware. But still Eshop still cant spoofed. Thus Eshop requires me to update.

Which resulted to my 2nd problem:

As of now, I am still not updating my Luma 9.2.20U to latest firm as I think that if I ever want to run the GW. Im not sure if
I can still return stock firmware 9.2.20U (without Luma) to run GW Mode on 11.60-39 Emunand.

If I update my LUMA to 10.6.0-39 now? Will I ever get back to my 9.2.20U (stock firmware)?

3rd:
On my research on GW running on LUMA. It has limitations.
So if I update to 10.6.0-39 will my GW work properly. I heard that B9S will be compromised.
Kindly help me if there are other ways to work GW 10.6.0-39

Note: My Emunand 11.6.0-39 though booting, GW cart menu will not show up even after pressing "SELECT")

Rationale why I still want my GW running on my 3DS even if I have LUMA:
1. I'm used to it. (Such a selfish reason but yeah)
2. It gives me flexibility. I can use .3ds/.3dz and install CIAs (hassle installing this)
3. I never meant to have too much debate here to thrash my Gateway. But Im still searching how I can make it work.
4. To also give solutions to those people who are still clinging on their gateways as of this moment despite the discovery of LUMA/ B9S / NTR Boot etc...

Thanks Maam / Sirs in advance.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
This is all very complicated and hard to follow. Are you running Gateway on B9S? Why don't you make backups of both sysNAND and emuNAND then flash emuNAND to sysNAND (i.e. a normal setup) and boot Luma. If your issues are fixed, either just leave it as it is or make a new emuNAND (which will be based on your sysNAND i.e. your emuNAND) and set up Gateway running from B9S again. If it doesn't work, then you can restore your sysNAND and emuNAND and think of something else.

heroarc8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is all very complicated and hard to follow. Are you running Gateway on B9S? Why don't you make backups of both sysNAND and emuNAND then flash emuNAND to sysNAND (i.e. a normal setup) and boot Luma. If your issues are fixed, either just leave it as it is or make a new emuNAND (which will be based on your sysNAND i.e. your emuNAND) and set up Gateway running from B9S again. If it doesn't work, then you can restore your sysNAND and emuNAND and think of something else.
Actually I cant run my GW on my B9S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: