Hacking Noob Question about updating roms

dudup00p

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a gateway card and after updating it, I'm injecting a new header for online play. How do I update the games in emunand? Through the eshop? Sorry if this is already posted, but I couldn't find it with search very easily.

Tomorrow's Joe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update the games through eShop just like you would with retail games. Of course, you would need to have the latest emuNAND version to access the shop. The game should prompt you on its own if there is an update available... I think you can also install updates via .cia files if you need to. Anyway, you don't update the actual ROMs; the updates are stored on the 3DS (emuNAND in this case).

dudup00p

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update the games through eShop just like you would with retail games. Of course, you would need to have the latest emuNAND version to access the shop. The game should prompt you on its own if there is an update available... I think you can also install updates via .cia files if you need to. Anyway, you don't update the actual ROMs; the updates are stored on the 3DS (emuNAND in this case).

Thanks for the info. I remember reading that updating something from the eshop would overwrite the sysnand and that it's only right to update the emunand from the system settings. I also read that when you exit the system settings, it reverts from emunand back to sysnand?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a gateway card and after updating it, I'm injecting a new header for online play. How do I update the games in emunand? Through the eshop? Sorry if this is already posted, but I couldn't find it with search very easily.
either one

Thanks for the info. I remember reading that updating something from the eshop would overwrite the sysnand and that it's only right to update the emunand from the system settings. I also read that when you exit the system settings, it reverts from emunand back to sysnand?
If you have cia games installed that you did not purchase they can be deleted. A second clean emunand for eshop access is helpful.

Yes when you exit system settings you are dumped to sysnand.

Tomorrow's Joe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game updates are fine, I think you're talking about updating the emuNAND. There are some guides on it like this official one: http://www.gateway-3ds.com/public-beta-release-of-gw-2-0b1/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr