Hacking Noob Question about Updating firmware on LunaN3DS

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi Gbatemp,

I made my 10.7E N3DS in 9.2 LunaCFW using this guide. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

I am asking is it safe to update to 11.3E with custom firmware and will be I be keeping lunaCFW and all its features. I know there is a sysNAND and EmuNAND im not sure how it fully works.

So before you ask yes I have arm9loaderhax.bin on my SDcard. Just curious when I boot up the N3DS am I in EmuNAND or SYSNAND? Also if I update and some how manage to brick with is 0.1% chance can I restore my NAND from hourglass9? Last but not least! When you boot up in to lunaCFW menu before hitting 3DS menu I see something saying "Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)".

Thanks.

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@SimplyFedorable I see no glitched screen I finished the tutorial I have all cias installed done. What I am asking how do I update so I dont lose lunaCFW and features and how do I do it via EMUNAND?

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SimplyFedorable I see no glitched screen I finished the tutorial I have all cias installed done. What I am asking how do I update so I dont lose lunaCFW and features and how do I do it via EMUNAND?

Since you linked Plailect's Guide, I'm going to assume you have A9LH and Luma3DS. Updating your emunand is perfectly fine, you shouldn't lose A9LH or Luma3DS.

If you want to update to 11.0, just do it from System Settings. BE SURE THAT YOU'RE IN EMUNAND BEFORE UPDATING! It should say emu next to your fw version if you have "Show current NAND in System Settings" enabled in the Luma config.

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Posghetti I never see Emu all I see is SYS 9.2E
@SimplyFedorable i skipped this part
If you started Part 1 with a NAND between 4.0.0 and 4.5.0, make sure you have copied the following firmware.bin file to /luma/
  • New 3DS: firmware.bin (mirror) (mirror)
  • Old 3DS: firmware.bin (mirror) (mirror)

I skipped it because I was never on 4 or 4.5 I started with 10.7 downgraded to 9.2 then injected 2.3 I think then did some steps and restored my 9.2 and injected my cias FBI luma and homebrew channel then I was done.

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Posghetti I never see Emu all I see is SYS 9.2E

Ahh, then that means you don't have a emuNAND, you're using sysNAND. What I said applies to both sysNAND and emuNAND, unless you were asking how to make a emuNAND?

(Updating your sysNAND is fine as well, since you have A9LH/Luma3DS)

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Posghetti I think I should get emuNAND how to do this just be safe?

I wouldn't really recommend emuNAND but hey? I'm not gonna stop ya bud :P

1) Make a backup of your sysNAND and copy ALL the files from your SDCARD into a folder on your desktop.
2) Put your SDCARD back into your 3DS and launch Emunand9 (You should have this as a payload since you did the guide: I have mine assigned to launch upon pressing Y)
3) Go to "SD Format Options..." and choose the "Format SD (Emunand default)"
4) Wait for it to do it's thing and after completion, shut it down and copy all your files from step 1 back into your SDCARD
5) Power up your 3DS holding select and make sure to turn "Autoboot sysNAND" off and turn on "Use second emuNAND as default"
6) Reboot and success! You now have a emuNAND!

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Posghetti I just did a sysnand update all is still working thanks I never knew it would be safe I mean you think nintendo would patch all the mods out like they did with the Wii and Wii U. :OOOO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu