Noob question about importing images on tinke

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by lovelessrapture, Apr 25, 2014.

1. lovelessrapture
    OP

lovelessrapture Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2014
    Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
    Sorry if this isn't the right area to ask this question. But I've been working on trying to edit the NCER files on a Ds Rom file. So I got the image up correctly with tinke, exported it, edited it and tried to import it back. But the colour gets thrown off when I import back. Even if I try to import the exported file back in with no changes whatsoever the colour is still changed.

Is this something to do with the NCLR palette file getting changed at the same time? As I tried editing the hex of the NCLR back to it's previous hex before I import, but that didn't solve it and just left the colours messed up still.

So bascially, can someone put me out of my misery please and give me a quick rundown of what I need to be changing once I import an image back in through tinke? As I'm sure I'm missing something simple here.

I've added screengrabs so you might be able to see what I'm blabbering on about.

Attached Files:

2. pleonex

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    You are using a quite old version of Tinke.
    Try again with the last from here: Tinke rev153 (this is the official site) and let me know if it works

3. lovelessrapture
    OP

lovelessrapture Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2014
    Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
    Sweet! Downloaded the newer update and it works a treat. Thanks for your help with this! :yaysp: