Hacking noob question about Acecard setting

alejolink11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On some newer games you have to enable it when you are going to play them.
But other than that you shouldnt really have to mess with it much.
Its just an extra measure to bypass AP. Mostly youll be getting patched games though.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Its an attempt at software emulating reads below 8000h which is used to detect flashcarts.
[...]
It will solve the standard read below 8000h checks that are coming out recently
The AP it bypasses is the new "generic AP we'll stick on every game" that Nintendo came up with, hat's why it's working on all the new titles.

It currently breaks single-cart download-play, that's why it's optional (so you can turn it off in order to use that feature), future AKAIO versions will not have the APP option on the screen because it'll be integrated.

It shouldn't hurt anything to leave it on, unless you use the single-cart 2-player DS-DS thing some games have.

Meshuggah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank s to both of you for plain and simple explanation. So, if the new game won't work without enabling this feature, is it safe to assume that with newer loader releases i will be able to play this rom with antipiracy disabled?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it depends on if the ap patching can be fixed to run from the sd card and not break download play. if it can they there might not be a reason to manually fix the games in the loaders. the idea is to try to make akaio future proof so that users can fix issues on their own. not all of the new games are being released with the below 8000 read AP, so you won't need it on EVERY game.

-another world

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
it depends on if the ap patching can be fixed to run from the sd card and not break download play. if it can they there might not be a reason to manually fix the games in the loaders. the idea is to try to make akaio future proof so that users can fix issues on their own. not all of the new games are being released with the below 8000 read AP, so you won't need it on EVERY game.

-another world

I've been wondering about the "below 8000 read" AP - do I guess right that this protection works by reading a section of code, timing how long it takes, and using the read speed discrepancy between retail carts and microSD cards to determine if it's running off a flashcart?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
my understanding is that retail carts have a section that allow them to respond with data when a read is requested. flash kits simply faked the data and responded with garbage. recently nintendo released a ap pack to all developers. it was designed to allow them to add protections into their games with a minimal effort. that ap pack was the below 8000 reads, where games can now request data and if garbage data is returned the game knows its running on a flash kit. i do not think it has anything to do with latency, however, msd cards are rather slow so it could be a factor.

i can probably get an exact answer when i have time to catch up with some people tomorrow. i'll see what i can find out =).

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.