Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

krakenchild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question.

Right now I have the Configurable USB Loader installed and I have no intention of further hacking my wii.
If i delete the HomeBrew Channel, will this stop Configurable USB Loader from working? I still want C USB L.

I hacked a friend's wii and I dont want them accidently messing up anything in the HB Channel.

Also if i do that, will I be able to re-install it later by running BootMii and the Bannerbomb exploit? Will that require an entire re-hack?

lereb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i have a modded wii 4.1e and i realised that below preloader in hbc channel says no description , i probably didn't install the preloader! how can i install it and upgrade to 4.2 ?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wiimanizer said:
i know this might sound a bit stupid...but since i've started the installation of HBC and the hacks through the use of 'twilight hack', do i need to reinstall the hacks and all that according to the newer methods? theres a bit too much going on here and there and I'm just kinda stuck in the middle of what to do now...also, my preloader stops loading for some reason even though i hold the reset button while powering on...and i get random problems here and there such as when i load my backups from Neogamma pressing the B button, i get the "black screen of death" and always have to hit the A button as i want both methods to work, most Wiiwares not working when transferred to the SD card menu, RB2 customs being "out of date" when installed from a RB1 disc with the solution of having to install cIOSCORP with a cIOS something fix...blah

thinking to get my preloader back to work, I Downloaded an updated hacks.ini for firmware 4.2U to replace my previous hacks.ini and tried reloading it just to find out, it still wont load...bummer, i need help
frown.gif

So, you're on 4.2U now?
How did you re-hack the Wii? You should try xzxero's guide or mine to hack it again (without having to re-install the HBC and all that stuff.

DragonTheory said:
Thanks again much tj_cool for your quick answer.

Per the gbatemp.net instructions, I deleted everything on the card and then unzipped the content of the modify.zip to the SD card. So "bannerbomb" is not on the card. Should I have not deleted everything off the SD card? I can delete everything again but how do you "reformat" an SD card? Will right-clicking and "Format" (XP SP3) be sufficient?

Thanks again.

P.S.
By the way, the Wii freezes right when I choose the SD card, presumably when it is reading the "boot.elf" file to ask to load it. So "bannerbomb" (or anything else) doesn't have a chance to load. Hope that helps.
I would delete everything and format (yes, like you described), then put everything back on and try again. (Just be sure it doesn't have bannerbomb (SD:/private/wii/atkn/...)

sj44k said:
I also have some dumb questions.

I already had the hbc for some time with the twilight hack. Last week I followed one of those softmod guides which had me download a whole package of apps and I pretty much didn't have to do much more than press A a bunch of times. Anyway, all works fine.

However, some questions I had:

I don't think I installed bootmii or some other kind of backup app. Does this really matter? I don't intend to run experimental stuff on my wii. Pretty much only a USB loader and Mplayer and SNES9X GX.
Bootmii isn't experimental at all. You don't need to install it if you rzally don't want to, but its highly recommended to install it (if the wii can install it, cause its not possible on all Wii's)

How important is it to have the lastest cIOS? I used signcheck to check mine and it says IOS249 v10. But I think the latest one is v15? Does it really matter which one you have? (and where does one get the newest?). I got a 3.3E wii. And are there other things that need to be kept up to date?
Newer versions have better fixes and compatibility with games. I would get r14 though (r15 has some problems). Get it here

I don't know if this is hack related, probably not, but some games like DeadSpace NTSC had a lot of crashes and games like NMH (No more Heroes) ntsc wont even boot. Is this related to the hacking or to software used?
How are you booting those games?
If its trough disc backup launcher: Get the newest launcher (Neogamma R8) and cIOSrev14
If it are originals (through disc channel): You miss an IOS file
Through USB: Use the newest loader and cIOSrev14 or rev15

Also, I don't suppose it is possible to run GC backups from a usb drive?
Nope

Metroalex said:
What's the best way to uninstall/delete everything I've done and start anew?
Revirginize it or update to 4.2, then use xzxero's or my guide to re-hack it.

Posts merged

zandert33 said:
I'm interested in trying to use Priiloader, but the info for the installer says to NOT have any modified IOSs. I have installed the Truncha patches, as well as other IOS updates to use Backuploader, I also MAY have done other stuff in the past that I can't remember (I've had my Wii hacked since 3.2 was the latest update).

Right now my Wii is on 4.2 (I've updated through safe update methods), is Priiloader going to kill my Wii? Is there any way to find out if it would be a problem before installing?
Follow the Trucha bug restorer steps of xzxero's or the dop-ios steps of my 4.2 guide (see previous quote)

QUOTE(krakenchild @ Dec 22 2009, 07:59 AM) Quick question.

Right now I have the Configurable USB Loader installed and I have no intention of further hacking my wii.
If i delete the HomeBrew Channel, will this stop Configurable USB Loader from working? I still want Config USB Loader.

I hacked a friend's wii and I don't want them accidentally mess up anything in the HBC.

Also if i do that, will I be able to re-install it later by running BootMii and the Bannerbomb exploit? Will that require an entire re-hack?
Configurable USB loader will work without HBC, but ofc you'll need to find a way to boot it without the HBC. (through a channel for example)
I think however its smarter to just remove all apps of your SD card (making the HBC useless) than to uninstall the HBC (eventhough you can install it at any time again).

QUOTE(Veristical Blaze @ Dec 22 2009, 10:42 AM)
Does it matter if u use a SD card(2GB) or a SDHC(8GB) card for softmodding?
What kind of DVD's u need for backups? And what brand do u prefer?
If you can choose, use the normal 2GB SD card (homebrew seems to dislike SDHC)
The best DVD's are DVD-R from Verbatim/Sony/...

QUOTE(lereb @ Dec 22 2009, 01:36 PM)
i have a modded wii 4.1e and i realized that below preloader in hbc channel says no description , i probably didn't install the preloader! how can i install it and upgrade to 4.2 ?
The description has nothing to do with the fact you installed it or not. (It just means you have no meta.xml for that app)
If you hold reset while the wii boots and preloader shows, you installed it

dextor123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i have a wii with starfall install (when i press Y on startup it show a black screen with 3.2U in the bottom right corner and nothing else). i have the homebrew chanel working great but need some cleaneup and update. What are the basic software i should install? should i uninstall starfall before installing preloader (assuming it's the best to have)? is there other thing i should consider to update?

i just read the topic ([Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need), HBC + BootMii + NAND + New cIOS + PreLoader + Backup) and pretty much all the other pinned topic but can't find any explanation on how to uninstall obsolete hack.

Thx for your help

Veristical Blaze

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
Veristical Blaze said:
Thanks for your answer, i'm new to this Wii Hacking so any advice is handy for me!
And about the DVD is DVD-RW also good?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dextor123 said:
hi, i have a wii with starfall install (when i press Y on startup it show a black screen with 3.2U in the bottom right corner and nothing else). i have the homebrew chanel working great but need some cleaneup and update. What are the basic software i should install? should i uninstall starfall before installing preloader (assuming it's the best to have)? is there other thing i should consider to update?

i just read the topic ([Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need), HBC + BootMii + NAND + New cIOS + PreLoader + Backup) and pretty much all the other pinned topic but can't find any explanation on how to uninstall obsolete hack.

Thx for your help
Yeah, better uninstall starfall first (just run starfall with HBC and disable all hacks)

Veristical Blaze said:
tj_cool said:
Veristical Blaze said:
Thanks for your answer, i'm new to this Wii Hacking so any advice is handy for me!
The wii generally dislikes RW (there is a chance yours will accept it though)

QUOTE(Knyaz Vladimir @ Dec 22 2009, 06:17 PM)
I want to install the new bootmii that uses boot2, but it says that it can only be installed as an IOS. What does that mean? Can't I install it like DVDx or HBC?
You have no vulnerable Boot1, so you can never install bootmii as boot2 on that wii

Veristical Blaze

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
Veristical Blaze said:
tj_cool said:
Veristical Blaze said:
The wii generally dislikes RW (there is a chance yours will accept it though)
Thanks for your answer! *Quickly changing his wishlist for christmas*
About NeoGamma on what IOS u need to install the *.wad with WAD manager MOD 1.5?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Veristical Blaze said:
Thanks for your answer! *Quickly changing his wishlist for christmas*
About NeoGamma on what IOS u need to install the *.wad with WAD manager MOD 1.5?
use IOS249 (if you don't have it use 36 and if that one doesn't work, you'll need to do the Trucha bug restorer steps from xzxero's guide)

jonnythan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii with 4.2U and a Wiikey 1 on the D2A drive. I'm looking to get a little more... modern. Play NSMB and all that. I'd really prefer to be able to keep burning discs and not bother with softmods and all that. What should I do? Can I just get the Wiikey 2, remove the Wiikey 1, and call it a day? Should I do something else? Do I need to remove the Wiikey I have if I want to softmod?

Thanks for the advice.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm trying to get the newest IOS56 trucha signed on my wii.

I tried using DOP-IOS, but whenever it's done downloading, it keeps being stuck at that screen with nothing happening and no buttons responding. When I reboot my Wii and try again, it finds the new ios on my SD card and once it's done finding the IOS, it hangs there again and it doesn't actually seem to install anything.

Now my question is, how do I get a trucha signed IOS56 on my Wii? I have the wad, I know how to install it, how can I get it trucha signed without the use of DOP-IOS? Thanks!

Masked Rider Coo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After following this terrific guide, I have my Wii doing everything I wanted it to do.

But now, for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to shut down properly. It goes off and the light turns yellow, but the TV stays black instead of going to the TV's "no signal" screen. I tried giving it time, but it stayed like that for hours. It seems like the only way to get it "off" is to hold it the power button down until the light goes red. What's wrong with it? IS something wrong with it? It starts up just fine, and I haven't run into any other problems.

Falcon095

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I just installed the HB Channel on a friend's 4.2 Wii but when I try to install the Cios 38 rev 14 the Wii remote turns off when I press A to continue, the Wii mote is mine and I synced it with his Wii. Why does it turn it off? Does it need to be his remote?

I appreciate the help in advance.

AndiNru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My ultimate goal is to get Neogamma running. Also to update my ios files so no 002 error happens from this summers games. (My wii has been in storage for 6 months)

I followed various versions to do the safe update to 4.1. I finally got 4.1 installed and working. Now I am trying to get the latest ios updated installed.
BUT
My Gamma channel no longer loads disks, I get a black screen.
My Soft Chip r87 also doesn't load just sits on the config screen.
My Wad manager no longer works. I can use HBC and all the other programs. I hit A to accept, use ios249 - select SD Slot, It just sits at Mounting device.
BUT if I use IOS 36 I can access the files and install WADS.
So, I think I have IOS249 Issues.
It explains the loaders and the wad manager.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thank you.

UPDATE
I restarted my wii after install ios249 with ios36 loaded.
My wad channel is installed but turns of the wiimote and freezes.
The disc channel shows my the backup disk int he disc channel but when selected tells me disk error check the op manual.
Wad manager through the HBC sits on mounting device.
Gamma and softchip still don't load.

Samurai Goomba

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the safest way to update my 3.2E Wii to 4.2E and still be able to use the HBC, USB Loader GX, etc.?

I want access to the Shop Channel and have use of the SD card menu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Samurai Goomba

Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
follow the instructions here

Thanks... but that looks pretty complex.
wacko.gif

When it says...
QUOTE(xzxero @ Aug 4 2009, 08:38 AM) Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link update.zip for your region by emailing [email protected]
Extract the "update.zip" & put the files onto a SD card & insert the SD card into the Wii.

What should I email? 'update.zip, please', or simply leave the email blank? Will it be quick?
unsure.gif

Many thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse