1. twiiges

twiiges Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i've been modding wiis for around 5 years now so i'm not too much of a noob but i am having problems with uploading games with wbfs manager.

I am trying to load games using the wbfs manager to a Toshiba automatic back up portable drive 593701-B. (1tb) wbfs manager keeps giving me this error. it acts like it copies (see the green check mark) but it doesn't. i have looked for a compatibility list for hard drives and wbfs manager but i have been able to find anything that helps me out. i'm just wodering is there a list and does anyone know if that particular hard drive is compatible. i've never had this problem.

i'll try to get a new pic. the screenshot did not show up.

[​IMG]

2. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Why are you still using a wbfs formatted drive? That has been outdated for years. All backup launchers support FAT32 and NTFS now, so try formatting the drive (use FAT32 if you are only planning on putting wii games on it. If you want to use it for other, non-wii stuff too then I would use NTFS) and use wii backup manager to transfer the games (make it transfer them as .wbfs files).

3. twiiges

twiiges Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    thanks man i'll check that out. i tried it once a while back and didn't seem to work but i'll update my usb loader and give it a go.

thanks for the info.

4. appleburger

appleburger GBAtemp Regular

United States

Swapping HDDs for me eventually did the trick. Some may work every now and then, but complete compatibility seems to be a little more limited than what I expected. If you have any other external drives laying around I'd say it's worth giving it a shot unless your SD has plenty of space on it. The first drive I tried only worked once, so that's what got me so confused. My 1TB Seagate doesn't want to boot the game EVERY time, but it works enough to use on a regular basis. :)

calmwaters likes this.
  5. Lightpost

Lightpost Member
    Newcomer

Um, does anybody here know what's the best combination of words in Google to search about exporting multiple files in SZS Modifier?
    I wanted to export a folder within a .brres file full of textures. I hate how I only know exporting each image.

6. appleburger

appleburger GBAtemp Regular

United States
    New question: I'd like to emulate NAND off of my USB HDD. What's the best way to go about this? I've looked around the forums and don't see any guides, and would like to avoid making any silly mistakes.

I'm not sure if I should try booting games off the emulated NAND via a loader or SNEEK.

7. mariofan064

mariofan064 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    How do i play Project M on USBLoader GX and if iso how do I make on on Mac?

8. F. Lobot

F. Lobot GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can anyone help me make Crazy Intro autoboot into a CRAP channel? Specifically the it's CRAP channel for Super Smash Bros Brawl with ocarina cheats.

<Title id="TETRIS" title_type="1" title_id="WTPP" title_name="Tetris" />

I assume the title_type is 1, and I know the title_id and the title_name, but what's the id=" "?

EDIT: I got it through trial and error. Apparently it's "SMASHBROSBRAWL".

9. mariofan064

mariofan064 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    How do I run Project M without a Disk? Do I use UsbLoader gx? Or do I do something else?

10. zootoxin

zootoxin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hi All,

I modded my wii many moons ago and only really get it fired up for xmas.

Now I've noticed you guys still seem pretty active so I wanted to ask whether you thought it would be worth it to update my modded wii?

There are a few games that don't work that I would like to have working for the festive period, I currently use a USB loader gx and WBFS formatted USB.

Is it likely that updating will enable more games to work?

If so, what is the procedure for upgrading these days?

Thanks very much

Zoot

11. TunWar

TunWar Newbie
    Newcomer

Hey guys. New to modding the Wii and I've hit a wall. When I'm trying to mount my SD card to load the was files it says error mounting the SD card. I'm using a 8gb micro sdhc card which I've put in a SD adapter. Any way to get this working?

12. l0cust

l0cust Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hello dear moderators and co. Thank you for allocating a thread devoted to noobly exploits; I am very grateful!

I'm having some trouble with my hacked Wii unfortunately:
    1.) I use a USB drive to transport files from my computer to the Wii. However I absentmindedly deleted some apparently important files from that USB, which has eliminated the drive's compatibility with the Wii (I'm just guessing here). Now when I plug this USB into my Wii the files aren't detected. Argh. Would somebody be able to link me to a place where I can redownload these important files? They were called "load" or "DS.store" or something.
    2.) I've recently downloaded the program WIT to my computer...with unsatisfactory results. The program, after installation, flashes for a brief second before closing itself, despite how many times it is re-installed, closed, opened, etc. Does anybody know what's wrong in this instance?

I would appreciate any help that is offered. Not to invoke a bawww nor sympathy, but as a student I rely on free entertainment as one of my few affordable means of comfort, lol. This situation is dire! Thank you!

13. l0cust

l0cust Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'm sorry for the potential spam here, but I'm feeling rather dismayed. After scanning the forums for an answer to my previous questions, I didn't find a solution. It also looks like the previous posters in this thread haven't had their questions answered either...is a "bump" necessary at this point? Loool...:unsure:

14. XularusXIII

XularusXIII GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How can I use VC WADs? What do I have to do past homebrew channel?

15. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

You need a WAD manager

16. XularusXIII

United States

I don't need BootIOS or IOS52 or anything else special? Because I think my Wii was too new for one of those or the other, or possibly both. Then again, that was a year or two ago. Whatever it was that helped protect your Wii in the event of bricking, that's what my Wii was too new for.

17. Maxternal

Nope, there are WAD managers included in tools like WiiMod or MMM that can do it just fine as long as they're run from a fairly up to day HBC. (probably your best bet)
    There are others (usually the ones that have "WAD Manager" in the name and don't do anything else) that will need a patched IOS36 or a IOS236 or cIOS249 (or something similar) to run but, even then, none of them is anything your Wii can be too new to use.

What you're probably thinking of is BootMii installed as Boot2 but that really has nothing to do with WAD installation.

18. XularusXIII

United States

Got one you'd personally recommend for someone who has no idea what they're doing? Also, will it work offline?

19. Maxternal

You can use ModMii for Windows to download either MMM(Multi-Mod Manager) or WiiMod

20. XularusXIII

United States
    Ah, alright. Thanks a bunch. Oh, one last thing. Can I boot VC games from Gecko OS on 4.3U?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PARADISE,