paradox3lite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello @ all :)

I got a console from a friend (Source Console) with his own NNID. I installed CFW on that console and is now on the latest Firmware.

I have my own New 2DS XL Console on 11.6 with MY OWN NNID which i want to install CFW with DSI Ware Injection.

But now i struggle with that NNID / System Transfer Step. What i dont undestand is, WHICH NNID will be on MY CONSOLE after all proccess? How can i use MY OWN NNID on my Console with CFW? I only care about the Target Console with MY OWN NNID.

TY for helping me out

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello @ all :)

I got a console from a friend (Source Console) with his own NNID. I installed CFW on that console and is now on the latest Firmware.

I have my own New 2DS XL Console on 11.6 with MY OWN NNID which i want to install CFW with DSI Ware Injection.

But now i struggle with that NNID / System Transfer Step. What i dont undestand is, WHICH NNID will be on MY CONSOLE after all proccess? How can i use MY OWN NNID on my Console with CFW? I only care about the Target Console with MY OWN NNID.

TY for helping me out
If you transfer as is (without formatting any console), the process will ask you to format the target console, because you can't use console as target if it has a logged in NNID.

I recommend formatting source console, then making the DSiWare transfer process WITHOUT a linked NNID (yes, you can buy a game from the eShop without NNID at all.

You will have to format target console as well, but after the process, the console will have NO NNID linked, and all you'd have to do, is login back again to your NNID.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In short:

1. Format both consoles. NNID will be unlnked (don't worry, you'll be able to sign again in the target console).
2. Make the DSiWare transfer process without NNID in any console. (Yes, you can buy from eShop and transfer without NNID).
3. After the process is done and you have CFW in the target system, login again with your NNID.
4. Done!

Reactions: paradox3lite

paradox3lite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If you transfer as is (without formatting any console), the process will ask you to format the target console, because you can't use console as target if it has a logged in NNID.

I recommend formatting source console, then making the DSiWare transfer process WITHOUT a linked NNID (yes, you can buy a game from the eShop without NNID at all.

You will have to format target console as well, but after the process, the console will have NO NNID linked, and all you'd have to do, is login back again to your NNID.

In short:

1. Format both consoles. NNID will be unlnked (don't worry, you'll be able to sign again in the target console).
2. Make the DSiWare transfer process without NNID in any console. (Yes, you can buy from eShop and transfer without NNID).
3. After the process is done and you have CFW in the target system, login again with your NNID.
4. Done!

TY very much for your quick help sir! Just to clarify since its the first time im doing stuff like that: Format Console does not mess up with CFW and Stuff like that on the already "hacked" Source Console?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
TY very much for your quick help sir! Just to clarify since its the first time im doing stuff like that: Format Console does not mess up with CFW and Stuff like that on the already "hacked" Source Console?
No, CFW isn't affected at all. But, it deletes installed apps like FBI or Freeshop. You'll have to reinstall them, by entering Homebrew Launcher via Rosalina app swap.

paradox3lite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
No, CFW isn't affected at all. But, it deletes installed apps like FBI or Freeshop. You'll have to reinstall them, by entering Homebrew Launcher via Rosalina app swap.

TY :)

someone told me that
"You can by using gm9 to unlink his NNID and then put yours on.

Keep in mind that the DSiWare method will replace everything on your console with your friend's settings/games/saves. If you have no games installed to the SD, you won't lose any saves."

What about that?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
TY :)

someone told me that
"You can by using gm9 to unlink his NNID and then put yours on.

Keep in mind that the DSiWare method will replace everything on your console with your friend's settings/games/saves. If you have no games installed to the SD, you won't lose any saves."

What about that?
I don't recommend making the transfer if the source console has many data on it. It wouldn't be much of a problem, though.

Easier to get rid of both NNIDs. If you have something you want to keep on source console, make a NAND backup BEFORE System Formatting it. You'll be able to restore it after the process is done.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But, yeah, you could algo make the transfer with NNID on source, and remove the NNID later, if it's not a problem that the source's NNID is transferred to the new console

TY :) I dont have any important data so i Format BOTH consoles first and do the DSi Ware Stuff with Transfer then right?
Yep.

Any part the guide talks about backing up or transferring NNID, just don't care about it. You can do the whole thing without any NNID at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn