67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Guys
I'm new to this wii hacking stuff.
My system firmware is 3.4u, and I want to install the homebrew channel on it.
That isn't a problem, however, I want to play "backups" on it.
I'm considering using gammaloader or watever, but I just want to know if I can get bricked this way?
Like, I know for one that you can get bricked for playing out of region games, but is there any other way?
Also, can anyone explain this region stuff to me again?
Please don't flame, I don't really know much about this, there are 24,000 posts about wii hacking but none of them help.
Thanks

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Check out the links in my sig. Read through the guide and it will tell you everything you need to know.

Asking here without reading the sticky posts at the top of the page will probably get you flamed.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok the HBC is easy just use the newest hackmii installer.

The CIOS is a bit of a pain to install but go find a copy of Waninkoko's cIOS rev 14 Installer (or one of the slightly older versions if you need support for dual layer games.)

unfortunately to install the CIOS requires a trucha friendly IOS. there are a few ways to get this.......

You could use the IOS 15 trick or another option.

Also your chance of bricking with that method of loading is little to nothing.

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Guardian said:

The CIOS is a bit of a pain to install but go find a copy of Waninkoko's cIOS rev 14 Installer (or one of the slightly older versions if you need support for dual layer games.)

unfortunately to install the CIOS requires a trucha friendly IOS. there are a few ways to get this.......

I don't understand, so you NEED CIOS to run backups?

Posts merged

QUOTE(icpmattj @ Nov 10 2009, 06:15 PM) Check out the links in my sig. Read through the guide and it will tell you everything you need to know.

Asking here without reading the sticky posts at the top of the page will probably get you flamed.
Thanks man, you're so considerate.
rolleyes.gif

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
67birdman said:
Hells Guardian said:

Yup, you need Cios (a custom version of ios so you can run backups) because Nintendo prevents you from running backuplaunchers. But to use the CIOS, you need to have a trucha signed IOS, that can be achieved by running trucha restorer, you will know more about it at the 4.2 or lower guide in the sticky.
Hope that helped
smile.gif

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bjorno said:
67birdman said:
Hells Guardian said:

Yup, you need Cios (a custom version of ios so you can run backups) because Nintendo prevents you from running backuplaunchers. But to use the CIOS, you need to have a trucha signed IOS, that can be achieved by running trucha restorer, you will know more about it at the 4.2 or lower guide in the sticky.
Hope that helped
smile.gif
Yea, that kind of helped, I'll try it out and then tell you.

Posts merged

QUOTE(wiihacker3000 @ Nov 10 2009, 09:40 PM)
hey man im gana give you it up straight forward.

update ur wii to 4.2 officially and follow this guide from xzxero:

[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901[/url]

follow the 4.2 method, his guide is the simplest way to mod your wii. so give it a shot
this is brobebly best and simplest advice you would get.
So you want me to update it via Nintendo, isn't that bad or something?

wiihacker3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no.. but all i can tell you is ive done it on 3 vergin wiis and 1 wii half modded ( got hbc)

so if you update a vergin wii or has hbc (i deleted it before updating) then go ahead completly safe since ive done it in 3 wiis in the same freaking day!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a 256MB card. Also, if you're still on 3.2, get IOS16 v257 from somewhere and install it with Wad Manager. That will give you a trucha vulnerable IOS to install cIOS with

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tattar8 said:
You don't need a 256MB card. Also, if you're still on 3.2, get IOS16 v257 from somewhere and install it with Wad Manager. That will give you a trucha vulnerable IOS to install cIOS with
So what does this Trucha IOS do anyway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0