Noob here, just want to make sure I got this right

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Kevin Biddle, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Kevin Biddle
    OP

Newcomer Kevin Biddle Newbie

United States
    So I just got an old DS Lite. Right now I just use a DS emulator on my pc, dsmume or something...

My end goal, is to be able to pop a flashcart into the ds, and be able to have a few playable games on it. So like, I could just play final fantasy or pokemon, on the move. And of course, I have to be able to save my games. But that's really it, play and save my games. No wifi, or anything else.

From what I understand, having a DS Lite, I should just be able to get an Acekard2 since the ds lite isnt being updated anymore, micro sd card with usb adapter or something. Then I can just move my roms I get from sites onto the sd card. Put it in, and play and save my games?

2. Shadow#1

Member Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    yes and dslite never had firmware updates

3. Chary

Reporter Chary GBAtemp's #1 Naoto

pip
    United States
    Well, despite legal morality, yes, you should be A-Okay. You'll need to learn how to set up your micro SD card with all stuff you need though. Don't forget to read the forums here for more info.

4. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    That's pretty much correct, although you ought to remove references to any particular sites.

5. Kevin Biddle
    OP

Newcomer Kevin Biddle Newbie

United States
    Done.

Thanks everyone