Noob here. Any sites that accept visa prepaid cards?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RadiantVaporeon, Apr 11, 2015.

1. RadiantVaporeon
    OP

RadiantVaporeon Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    Currently only have a prepaid atm. And I don't own a credit card. I read somewhere that yeahgeek accepts it, but I haven't received a reply from my email yet. Does anyone have personal experiences with buying with a prepaid visa? Thanks!

2. Kurth

Kurth Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2014
    United States
    If the shop says that they accept Visa, the prepaid card is pretty much always going to work. Do note that a lot of sites need an address associated with the card, so you might have to register it first (most prepaid Visas I've seen can link with gowallet).

3. RadiantVaporeon
    OP

RadiantVaporeon Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for the help!

4. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States

That's incorrect though. Nearly all prepaid visa cards are restricted to US-based transactions only. Even US sellers like modchipsdirect bill from a foreign address.

5. Kurth

Kurth Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2014
    United States
    Really? Thanks for the tip! I knew that they don't allow transactions in foreign currencies, but I never thought overseas sales wouldn't work at all...

6. [^Blark^]

[^Blark^] GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2012
    United States
    Go to the website that's found on the pre-paid card sticker if you haven't already peeled it off. You must register pre-paid cards before purchasing anything online because as stated above it needs a name and address on the card which you set up in a matter of minutes through the website. I've never had a problem ordering with pre-paid cards but then again I haven't done this since I bought my supercard DSTWO a few years back.

7. Digital.One.Entity

Digital.One.Entity Banned

Banned
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    Right Here
    Should be fine I use those all the time......u can even register one as a Personal Debit Card so u too can have a "Credit Card" in your name :)

You could then Direct Deposit or use MoneyPaks to reload

8. awarriorz

awarriorz Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2015
    Iceland
    Jerusalem
    or you could add your visa prepaid to your paypal and pay with it.
    most sites don't use paypal bc some legal issues or something with nintendo (nintendo is trying to make it harder to purchase flashcards)
    but there is one site called peachds.com that accepts paypal which is great i heard some good reviews about it

9. Solarisa

Solarisa Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2014
    Canada
    I buy from NDS-Card with prepaid visas.

10. awarriorz

awarriorz Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2015
    Iceland
    Jerusalem
    scam free? with no shady shit? i honestly feel like all flashcard selling sites look extremely shady with broken english and a really ugly design i mean cmon its like 2015 cant they make it a bit more appealing

11. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    If you're in the US buy from peachds.com , nds-card will take over a month to get your stuff and it 20 dollars more expensive. Peach ships with USPS first class and you can pay for priority 2 day mail for 5$.

ravihpa likes this.
  12. aenoch

aenoch GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    modchipsdirectworkedwith my greendot prepayed visa

13. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    i bought my gw with a prepaid mastercard from new3dscard

14. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    I SECOND THIS!. A lot of members have ordered from Peachds.com and all seem to be quite happy :)

15. aenoch

aenoch GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    Got mine from mod chip direct 2 days processing and another 2 days to get to me