Hacking noob help: optimal file system and loader, scrubbed, etc..

• Thread starter TheGlow
  • Start date
  • Views 1,108
  • Replies 4
T

TheGlow

OP
I got the wii wrapped up and under the xmas tree and love to plan ahead.
I want to get the experience as simple and close to ps2 as possible to not confuse my kids.
I see some games can be shrunk/scrubbed to a much smaller size. The iso still stays the full size, it just compresses better.
How can I have a permanently shrunk file , wbfs? and if so how do go about making them?
and on that note, which file system is best? i prefer ntfs but I know its only writeable under windows. I have no problem connecting the hdd
to my pc to add stuff, even when ripping retails if possible.
And I believe some apps/wads can be run off a drive, so im going to guess a few 100mb or so of fat32 will cover that?

So far im leaning towards configurable usb loader and usb loader gx.
I believe I read configurable does iso off ntfs, but the iso would be full size, correct?
I liked usb loader gx in a vid tutorial because it had the auto cover downloading and what not..

and I read about loadstructor which i may want to put a few entries in on the kids most common choices.

i just wanna make sure my terminology is good. apps would be wads, so can you make the wii auto load a wad like configurable usb loader?

and neo gamma still good for loading retail and backups, correct?

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imho, i prefer Wiiflow (WBFS file system) over any USB loaders for appearance, and compatibility is pretty good, no problems yet.. and as far as having the wii autoboot an app, this is achieved by using an app known as preloader....do some reading and searching on here and you'll find everything you need, good luck and merry christmas!

T

TheGlow

OP
Ok, Ill look into that.
So you have the drive formatted wbfs and drag and drop from the pc?
I remember doing similar with my ps2.
And I heard of preloader, I know I was going to implement that for the nand dump in the event I cant use bootmii.

gilaben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheGlow said:
Ok, Ill look into that.
So you have the drive formatted wbfs and drag and drop from the pc?
I remember doing similar with my ps2.
And I heard of preloader, I know I was going to implement that for the nand dump in the event I cant use bootmii.

Yeah, it's pretty similar to the PS2 IDE method. Just download WBFS Manager 3.0. Format the drive to WBFS with the program. Put the ISOs on there, using the manager.

T

TheGlow

OP
you can load wads/dols from hdd with HBC?
if so, itd be worthwhile to put a 100-200mb fat32 partition then, eh?
also do you need to isntall wiiware wads?
i have one in particular i wanted to try and was hopin it could be run off hdd, if not then sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended