Noob help! New R4i with updated firmware - Loading...message on DS

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by ymoudgal, Jul 20, 2009.

1. ymoudgal
    OP

Newcomer ymoudgal Newbie

United States
    I am using a 2gb microSD card on the R4i for DSi. When I insert the R4i and select R4, I get a message which says 'Loading...' and nothing happens after that. I tried it on a friends older DS and it worked perfectly with all my games showing up. On removing it from the DS and immediately inserting into the New DSi the games now show up and I am able to play. But If I turn it off and turn it back on, then it goes back to the 'Loading...' message. It only works the first time on my DSi after loading it onto a DS and removing it. I updated the firmware from their website but no change. Any help/ info is greatly appreciated.

This is the site and product.

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/indexe.asp

2. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    hmmmm.... interesting problem, try blowing into your card slot, it might help. maybe you should also try blowing into the micro sd slot, i had a problem similiar to that, but not exactly and it helped. Hopefully it will be fixed.

P.S also try reformatting the micro sd on your computer, then downloading the fresh new 1.09b firmware on your micro sd

Btw i have that r4i also(red box version)

Btw, this is in the wrong section of the forums

3. ymoudgal
    OP

Newcomer ymoudgal Newbie

United States
    Thanks! I have my games backed up. Is there anything else I need to ensure before attempting a reformat?

I thought I was in the right forum...but obviously not. Where should I be posting this?