Noob Guide to downgrading 6.31/6.35 to 6.20 and 6.20 to 5.03

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by croagunk.master, Jan 18, 2011.

1. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

READ THE WHOLE GUIDE BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO DOWNGRADE OR INSTALLING CFW!

First of all download PSPident: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1725

Run it using 6.20 TN HEN-B or TN HEN-C on your psp and check what it says for motherboard model. If it corresponds with one of the models listed in the compatible models list below, go ahead and read the entire guide or else leave it or you'll brick your psp. This will also work with older psps like the older psp 2000s which have TA-088v2 and below and psp phats. Their motherboard models will be different and lower than the ones mentioned below.

Compatible motherboards:

TA-090v2
    TA-088v3
    TA-092

Now for the guides.

Guide 0: How to downgrade your psp(6.31/6.35)

Guide 1: How to downgrade your psp(6.20)

Guide 2: Getting the best CFW on your newly downgraded psp
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Thats it. If any new developments occur, I will update my guide accordingly. Hope this helped!
    Also, if this works for you, don't forget to say thanks [​IMG]
    After you're done with using the guides, you can delete everything except 503 kxploit because it's needed for running CFW.

EDIT: I'm noob_helper from psphacks. Please do not blame me for copying things from my own posts! I just posted this here because I thought it's going to help some people since the post on psphacks went to the second page.

EDIT 2: Added 5.03 signed kernal exploit to Guide 2. Start chickHEN with installed CFW (Prometheus or GEN) from the XMB without a reboot!

EDIT 3: Added downgrade instructions for people on OFW 6.31/6.35.

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    A) you didn't write this....you Copied and Pasted it from PSP-Hacks comments
    B) "else leave it or you'll surely brick your psp." ....leads me back to A). You wrote this bit because it's wrong.

3. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    snip

4. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

I posted the same on psp-hacks. I am noob helper from psp-hacks.com

5. xist

United Kingdom
    If that's the case why is your English so much worse here, and why did you have to correct your guide when i pointed out the bit you added which actually wasn't on PSP-Hacks was incorrect?

We can get an IP check i suppose...

6. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

Yeah sure do that. I posted a comment on psp hacks with a link to this page but it is awaiting moderation.

7. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Ok then. Sorry for that misunderstanding.

8. ShineroDark

Newcomer ShineroDark Advanced Member

United States
    thanks for this im really new and i found out that my psp is a 1000 version, does that even matter at all even though my version is 6.20?

9. xist

United Kingdom
    According to what was initially posted you'd get a brick, then he changed his mind and said you wouldn't.

You won't, and the fact you have a 1000 doesn't matter, but i'd love to know what caused the change of info...

10. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

I initially planned on making this guide for TA-088v3 and psp 3000 owners but since that bit was wrong and misleading for people with other models, I changed it.
    Also, how do I get a sticky?

11. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It's really better that we don't have 28 damn threads for everything. The current guides will be updated when the people who run them have time. It's not that they've been abandoned or anything, it's that all these new things are anywhere from one to two weeks old, and another semester of college just started in many areas.

Fuck, I just rolled out of bed and I'm sitting here naked trying to take care of some stuff before I shower and head off to class. :\

12. jmr

Newcomer jmr Advanced Member

United Kingdom
  13. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

This is an easy to read and understand text guide whereas the links posted there are of youtube videos...
    Also, the other guide says that this is for EVERYONE with a psp 3000. That's wrong because the downgrade could brick the newer 4g ones.

14. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

Added 5.03 signed kernal exploit to Guide 2. Start chickHEN with installed CFW (Prometheus or GEN) from the main menu without a reboot!

15. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    Waaaait, the signed 5.03 will run any CFW files that are already there, but you're suggesting to run it without any files installed?
    How does that work?

16. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

Whoops, I corrected it!

17. Jolan

Bulgaria
    I don't see a correction in the guide though.

18. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

What's wrong with the guide? Try following it. It's absolutely correct.

19. Jolan

Bulgaria
    Erm, running then Signed 5.03 Kernel Exploit without any CFW installed just makes the PSP shut down.
    The guide is not correct, at least the 2nd part about getting the latest CFW.
    You still need to run chickHEN and install CFW before being able to use the Signed 5.03 Kernel Exploit.

20. xist

United Kingdom
    Also this is essentially just a repaste of PSPGen's original guide, and the first bit "If it says one of the models mentioned in green, go on ahead and read the entire guide else leave it or you'll surely brick your psp." is still total gibberish.