[NOOB-Friendly] Yet another Android 8.1 LineageOS tutorial - How to get Android on the Switch!

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by NoNAND, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Alex4nder001

Alex4nder001 Part-time thug

Jul 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    London
    How do I shrink the internal memory partition and expand the FAT32 partition?

2. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
  3. hugofthunder

hugofthunder Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Why am I feeling so bad now?
    Hello, if I use SX OS does it mean I just need to boot Hekate first off SX OS then from there boot Android?

4. hugofthunder

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Thank you OP! Got mine working :)

5. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    you can launch sxos from hekate if need be just open the hekate.ini file and make copy of the ATMOSPHERE Entry and make look like this and add the sx loader payload to payloads folder

[SXOS]
    payload=bootloader/payloads/sx_Loader.bin
    icon= ( OP)
    []

6. hugofthunder

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Thanks for this, I might not actually need this as I have two cards, one with SX and the other with Android. What I do is boot SX first, then launch Hekate, then Android.

7. VuuI

VuuI Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2014
    Belgium
    Sorry if this has been asked before.

I installed Joycon fix (modified it a bit so it matches Xbox inputs rather than Nintendo) but my Thumbsticks are not analog, it's all or nothing, is that normal?
    also, do Joycons charge when in their rails?

8. AkGBA

AkGBA Nope

Feb 14, 2007
    France
    1. Yes, it's normal. Will be improved in next betas.

2. Yes, it's normal. Joycons can only charge in their rails on Horizon.

9. AkGBA

AkGBA Nope

Feb 14, 2007
    France
  10. DaManWitDaPlan

DaManWitDaPlan Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2019
    United States
    For some reason after flashing the reboot2payload zip, the app doesn't seem to be installed anywhere in Lineage. Any idea why that might be the case? I'd really like to be able to return to hekate without reflashing every reboot. Thanks!

11. Zeryac

Zeryac Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2019
    France
    I finished the installation but I can't pass the lock screen. It's like the tactile doesn't work. Is this normal or should I try installing it again ?
    EDIT : I passed the lock screen but every touch make the system freezes for 20 seconds and make system apps not responding. It's not as usable as in videos that can be found so I was wondering if it was normal. My SD card is a Sandisk Extreme

Last edited by Zeryac, Nov 17, 2019
  12. javicrazy

javicrazy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2015
    Spain
    Anyone tried Stadia for Android on Switch?

13. Tiagomcs20

Tiagomcs20 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2019
    Portugal
    Well ive been using this for a while now, i mostly use it to play my streamed games from my desktop. I use both Nvidia Shield App and Steam App and they work very well.
    This android has many bugs but nothing too serious.
    Here are some tips for newcomers for switch´s Android:
    - Switch does not detect if switch is charging (But it is so dont panic);
    - Touch pad sometimes double taps automatically, like when typing;
    - When you´ve finished using the switch, my advice is to turn it off or charge at dock as it consumes a lot of battery even with screen off;
    - To make the change between the android and CFW easier i use and recommend a RCM Injector (Bought mine on AliExpress).

The first time i left my switch with android running during night time, on the next morning i thought i had bricked my switch. It was not turning on, no signal, nothing. Left it charging for an hour and then booted to RCM. Conclusion: Android consumes a lot of resources compared to the Switch firmware when in sleep mode. Just sharing this story so you dont freak out :lol::lol:

Have fun guys B-)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted