Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

Nelkia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AYYY after 10 times trying to get PlaiSysUpdater run. We did it..
Title ID 0x000400300000b902
Extra title

I hope so :) Thank you a lot

gloriashysteria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Any news on if 10.7 is able to use homebrew without downgrading to 9.2? I only ask this because i saw that there was a new system update while i was turning on my new 3ds xl. I only got as far as using the powersaves and the zelda game before giving up due to fear of bricking.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Any news on if 10.7 is able to use homebrew without downgrading to 9.2? I only ask this because i saw that there was a new system update while i was turning on my new 3ds xl. I only got as far as using the powersaves and the zelda game before giving up due to fear of bricking.
Homebrew yes, you can have homebrew with oot and powersaves without risk of brick.
If cfw is what you're looking for instead, you need to downgrade first to 9.2 and there is a little chance of brick

Last edited by Arubaro,

gloriashysteria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew yes, you can have homebrew with powersaves without risk of brick.
If cfw is what you're looking for instead, you need to downgrade first to 9.2 and there is a little chance of brick
Well i did manage to go as far as buying the zelda ocarina of time cartridge, using a youtube guide to insert the oost (sp?) into my simcard and did the powersaves part. I even managed to start homebrew with the zelda game. But at the time of trying to follow an easy to follow video to downgrade i kinda got lost and/or chickened out. I wouldn't mind trying again but i when i saw a new update i didnt know if anything changed.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Well i did manage to go as far as buying the zelda ocarina of time cartridge, using a youtube guide to insert the oost (sp?) into my simcard and did the powersaves part. I even managed to start homebrew with the zelda game. But at the time of trying to follow an easy to follow video to downgrade i kinda got lost and/or chickened out. I wouldn't mind trying again but i when i saw a new update i didnt know if anything changed.
Its pretty easy, just follow this guide. DONT update or stick to homebrew, the downgrade is worth the little risk.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Sorry to sound silly.. But is there an easy to follow video on youtube? lol i'm do a bit better with visual tutorials.
I think I have a video in this tutorial too (its without sound, sorry for that)
Just dump in the contents onto your SD Card, start homebrew, PlaiSysUpdater, press Y, and wait. Its that easy.

gloriashysteria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally downgraded with Salamanders help. Just now trying to figure out how to open homebrew.. Of topic through i didn't realise after the process of downgrading that i can't play online. >.< but if i update it'll take me to the unhackable 11.0. Man decisions decisions. >.<

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
With an Old3DS, if i don't format(wich i read that i must do it on a n3ds), it'll mantain my things? (AKA NNid, pokebank, installed games) or this basically formats the system
You will maintain the things if you dont format. And as you're on an old 3ds, you have nood need to do that. Just proceed with the downgrade.
I finally downgraded with Salamanders help. Just now trying to figure out how to open homebrew.. Of topic through i didn't realise after the process of downgrading that i can't play online. >.< but if i update it'll take me to the unhackable 11.0. Man decisions decisions. >.<
Use browserhax or menuhax. Install arm9loaderhax.

David Cortez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a 'new' 3ds thats on 9.9.0 fw. can i use the same steps you have? and is there a video that walks me step by step on how to downgrade it to pirate games on it? I purchased R4 card but i cant get it to work so i would like to try this route.

Daiskun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi
I dont know if i can request it but i'm wtb a zelda OOT with the edited save so i can downgrade my 10.7 3ds.
I'm living in argentina, so it has to be someone who's willing to ship it here.
Also i'm paying with paypal.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Ok, so I downgraded to 9.2, now what are the things I need to install?
Arm9loaderhax+Custom Firmware probably
or
Custom Firmware
Hi
I dont know if i can request it but i'm wtb a zelda OOT with the edited save so i can downgrade my 10.7 3ds.
I'm living in argentina, so it has to be someone who's willing to ship it here.
Also i'm paying with paypal.
What is the region of your 3DS? Is it a *new* 3DS or and Old 3DS?
i have a 'new' 3ds thats on 9.9.0 fw. can i use the same steps you have? and is there a video that walks me step by step on how to downgrade it to pirate games on it? I purchased R4 card but i cant get it to work so i would like to try this route.
Yes, you have to follow the same steps, except while searching for the downgrade pack, you have to search for a New 3DS one. Oh yeah and you could Format your system (if you dont have any digital games) to reduce chances of Soft bricks. If you have a DNS set up on your Network connection(Like tubehax DNS o prevent updates), Remove it.

David Cortez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm9loaderhax+Custom Firmware probably
or
Custom Firmware
What is the region of your 3DS? Is it a *new* 3DS or and Old 3DS?

Yes, you have to follow the same steps, except while searching for the downgrade pack, you have to search for a New 3DS one. Oh yeah and you could Format your system (if you dont have any digital games) to reduce chances of Soft bricks. If you have a DNS set up on your Network connection(Like tubehax DNS o prevent updates), Remove it.[/QUOTE

ok, wish you have a sound video lol it would help me with this. step by step walk through

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands