GBAtemp's Phattest Member (o_O)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey kiv, i was thinking that it maybe a good idea to have a forum for newbies to introduce themselves..
waddya think? seeing the way that this forum has rapidly grown, it may be a good idea, not only can they introduce themselves, they can also ask noob questions there.. i think that this will solve or maybe lessen the typical 'can i get a bla-bla rom ' question. its just my two cents....
smile.gif

Marrratta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Very good idea as I am a newbie to get the experts to answer our questions which may seem silly to you but not to a newbie Especially if they are like me and computer illiterate. Which we could Rate the answers to our questions and have a leader board
for the xperts
Brian

lutomes

Trophies
Website
www.lutomes.com
XP
Country
It sounds like a good idea, although most newbs wont post there. The ones that are are problem, i.e. asking for roms, are the ones that dont read the rules, dont search the forums, and wont even realise there is a newb section in the forums.

B

Battleman100

It sounds like a good idea, although most newbs wont post there. The ones that are are problem, i.e. asking for roms, are the ones that dont read the rules, dont search the forums, and wont even realise there is a newb section in the forums.
You've got a point there, but you are mistaking n00bs for annoying idiots who don't read the rules
biggrin.gif

But seriously, it would be a good idea. Whilst there are specific forums to ask questions in, they are sometimes answered in a presumptious way, assuming that person knows a lot about GBA stuff already.

Perhaps an GBATemp FAQ could be posted as a sticky topic there too!

alfre

Banned Member < it's true now
Banned
Trophies
Website
uniemelk.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah alright but not on the startpage right above because 'normal' members don't want to read it (I don't)

Like KiVan is going to read this forum

Marrratta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am a n00b who did not read the rules or search the forums for a few days until i got the hang of it and I asked annoying questions only because GBA I didn't understand how this forum worked I got some very good answers. which i understood Then some of the answers were right over my head and I didn't understand

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm with Tempest on this one, let's stick with the Off-topic and Testing sections for the noobs to ask their questions. After all, isn't that what those sections were made for, to discuss about all kind of topics?

Ap0cAl1pS3

GBAtemp d3m0n
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont think thats a good idea.

there are already two topics that newbies could use to ask questions about the forum (General off-topic chat,Testing Area).

and irc is always a good place for them to ask , and be answered fast ( on #gbatemp).

PhaTdrU

GBAtemp's Phattest Member (o_O)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
i think that the off topic channel is a good one huh? i mean it seems kinda weird if its in the testing area. what will they think??? were gonna test them? (:wtf:) and marratta..? dont worry about it, im computer illiterate mysef!!
smile.gif

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
regarding the newbies introducing themselves the offtopic forum is ok...
regarding the newbies question they can be made in the proper forum areas...
there's no n00b questions .. just n00b answers
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse