OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.homebroo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Reading all this stuff about FAT and formattin' and stuff has done confused me. Can you help me out?

1. Is there any difference between FAT16 & FAT32? Pretty sure it doesn't matter, but I want to play it safe.

2. Is it possible to format a microSD card on a Mac?

3. I read something about allocated size or something. What's that all about, huh?

If there's a step-by-step formatting tutorial I've missed, I would be much obliged if you'd link me to it and also maybe beat me with a broom handle. Just, you know, a few good wallops. Could you do that? Thanks a load. Okay, bye now.

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. Doesn't really matter
2. Yeah
3. Not important, I guess.

On Windows you can just rightclick the station and select format. It should be similar for a Mac, try Googling format sd mac

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MaxEdison said:
Reading all this stuff about FAT and formattin' and stuff has done confused me. Can you help me out?

1. Is there any difference between FAT16 & FAT32? Pretty sure it doesn't matter, but I want to play it safe.

2. Is it possible to format a microSD card on a Mac?

3. I read something about allocated size or something. What's that all about, huh?

If there's a step-by-step formatting tutorial I've missed, I would be much obliged if you'd link me to it and also maybe beat me with a broom handle. Just, you know, a few good wallops. Could you do that? Thanks a load. Okay, bye now.

read the comprehensive wiki thread on FAT/FAT32 Here

and yes you can format a micro sd on a mac just Use Disk Utility which can be found in /Applications/Utilities/
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat