noob first time HBC, and help

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by redakdal, Mar 13, 2010.

Mar 13, 2010
  1. redakdal
    OP

Newcomer redakdal Newbie

United States
    instead of taking it up here( and for those who really dont care about anyoying noobs)

http://redakdal.blogspot.com/ is my post for my first time installing the HBC.

now done to bussiness

-I have installed the HBC and its apps fine after hrs of messing with it, although I admit I kinda found my own way into getting it to work, I am aware that I have ignored some steps of the HBC guide on wehackwii.com, I come here to make sure that I did not miss any important steps

this is what the HBC works with

- some or all app games( except doom so far, it goes to a dos prompt and freezes)

- most media and utilities work ( as of right now, the dvdx ones with the CD do not work, but the media player works perfectly for dvd, except it is in 4:3 aspect)

- the emulators seem to be working fine, menu shows up and everthing

thats it, allthough I have not started any of the channels, like internet channel, or shop channel, or any wii game, due to the

fact I am afraid that it might brick

any thoughts and if I missed a important step PLEASE LET ME KNOWN

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Having the HBC on your Wii cannot brick you at all.

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    So erm...are we supposed to guess which steps you ignored? I tried reading your blog, but it's not that clear...and it looks like it's made for someone with a screen resolution of 640x480.

But anyway...so HBC works. I take it you also found the Homebrew browser and are using it to download homebrew stuff. Congratulations, you've hacked your way into your wii. [​IMG]

The best media player out there (MplayerCE) requires DVDX to work (probably other media players too). Check here for more info.

And tattar is right: the homebrew channel is pretty much the most used utility in the wii community. Though they clearly mention that they're not responsible for whatever goes wrong, it should be said that the chances of it bricking your wii is pretty much zero. It doesn't mess with any other channel or wii game out ther, so you're safe to use any of them anywhere (yes, even online...just avoid updating to 4.2 if you're not there yet).

But since you're afraid to brick your wii (which is by itself a good thing...it's better to be too carefull than too careless)...check out bootmii (combined with DVDX in this package) and priiloader. bootmii allows you to make a full backup of your wii's hard drive (the nand), and thanks to priiloader, you can restore it in pretty much all cases when you DO brick your wii.

(extra note: this is assuming bootmii can only be installed as an IOS...if you can install it as boot2, your wii'll be even more secured)

4. redakdal
    OP

Newcomer redakdal Newbie

United States
    ya sorry for being kinda shady, I think I do have bootmii on my wii, and I think i made a back up.

the dvdx didnt work, but another one on the browser channel did so, I guess to be more descriptive is that I got the apps to work, but the guide went on to other stuff for it, and I ignored it after I got everything to work

the only bad thing that has happened so far is that it sometimes crashes to the coding, so I just restart, other then that almost 90% of the apps work, the only ones that don't are the doom game, and the DVDX( though I do not need it thanks to the other players)

well ok thanks then if there are any major steps or if I really need that trucha bug installed, let me know