noob at homebrew & emulators

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ninmario4life, Aug 30, 2007.

Aug 30, 2007
  1. ninmario4life
    OP

Newcomer ninmario4life Member

United States
    I have a wii and a sd card launcher from datel for homebrew and im woundering what are the best emulators for nes,snes,genesis,master system,game gear and n64 that i can download for my wii?now from my understanding i can use the sd launcher in combination with a sd card and launch .dol files without a need for action replay for gamecube and no modication to the sytem right?also if they get updated that would be cool too.help is apriciated.Thanks!

2. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just FYI, it's Gamecube homebrew, NOT Wii homebrew.

3. ninmario4life
    OP

United States
    oh ok so then what are the best emulators for the gamecube then to run on my wii with the spcefied systems and can someone please answer my other questions too?Thanks

4. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Keep in mind that if you have the version 3.0 firmware, I don't think that the method will work anymore.

5. ninmario4life
    OP

United States
    so your telling me the 3.0 update prevents me from using the datel sd launcher in gamecube mode?

6. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes, I'm pretty sure that when upgraded to version 3.0, the Wii will not recognize the SD Media Launcher disc, but I think it's possible to access it with GCOS on a modified Wii (I don't have a modded one either, so I don't know). I think that either your Wii has to be modded, or you need an actual GameCube console. Maybe someone with more knowledge could confirm all of this?