Noob: Alternative to playing out of region games.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by kaliskonig, Jan 21, 2016.

1. kaliskonig
    OP

kaliskonig Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2008
    United States
    Hardware/Firmware: New 3DS XL Zelda Edition/10.3.0-28U

Hey guys. Yesterday I got Browserhax to run perfectly. Even tested a few things like the GBA emulation and all was good. Installed a custom theme and that worked nicely. Now today however, everytime I try to access Browser Hax via the Qr code or URL via 3DS web Browser, I get the following message: "An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system."

I have tried a number of "Nag message" work arounds but nothing works. The entire purpose of me installing Browserhax was to disable region lock by using the Hans Homebrew App. I wanted to import the Inazuma Eleven Go games ya see but those are European carts. Is there any way to fix this issue or is there another way to play games I import without a high chance to brick my system?

EDIT: i also have a 3DS XL with the same firmware immediately available and I have Ocarina of Time 3D.

Last edited by kaliskonig, Jan 21, 2016
  2. kaliskonig
    OP

kaliskonig Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2008
    United States
    bump

3. Gocario

Gocario GBAFail'd

Sep 5, 2015
    France
    Bourg Palette
    Why didn't you installed menuhax?

+ Custom theme are a problem for browserhax.

Last edited by Gocario, Jan 21, 2016
  4. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Try resetting the browser history and cookies using the in-app settings and re-attempt BrowserHax. If it works, make sure you install MenuHax because that works without an Internet connection and has a much better success rate.

5. kaliskonig
    OP

kaliskonig Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2008
    United States
    I did install menuhax. At least I thought I did. But I can't get it to boot.

6. pofer

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Somewhere around the corner
    Have your tried pressing L while booting ? That's the only way it'll boot if you didn't configure it to coldboot

7. kaliskonig
    OP

kaliskonig Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2008
    United States
    OMG! that worked. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!! I was pressing L and the down button because thats what I was told in the tutorial. holding L itself works.

8. Gocario

Gocario GBAFail'd

Sep 5, 2015
    France
    Bourg Palette
    It was saying: "press down L" or something like that? x)

9. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Kernel Version: Linux 4.13.3-1-zen
    Downgrade as soon as you can.