Hacking Nonresponsive Wii remotes

Segaslave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a weird issue with my Nintendo Wii, one that I've never heard of before. The issue is that my wii will not respond to my wii remotes. by that I mean if I press any button on the remote, including the power button when the wii is off, the lights will flash on the remote like it is searching for the console, and then fail to connect. The same thing occurs when I try to sync the remotes, they search, but don't find the wii.

The system menu I'm operating on is 4.2 US

I used cIOS 36 on DOP-mii for most of my modding my Wii

In concern to what I did that may have caused this problem, the one thing I can think of is that I was trying to get the bannerbomb exploit to run on my wii again, so that I could try to reinstall bootmii in order to do a NAND backup. I tried to do this by readding the specific files that activated the bannerbomb exploit. I did this by placing the boot.elf file on the root of my SD card, and the aktn folder in it's proper place inside of the private/title folder. This solution did not work, and so I deleted the boot.elf file and the aktn folder. Now while this is one of the most recent things I can think of, this may be unrelated to the problem.

I first ran into this problem when I was about to start playing a Wiiware game on my SD card that I had installed using WAD manager. The specific game was Lost Winds: WotM. I had played this game just fine without any troubles before, but this time when the game loaded my remote disconnected, and since then it can't connect to the wii no matter what. I really have no idea why.

Basically the wii turns on fine and everything still seems to work, but without wii remote connectivity I can't navigate the system menu or play games.

Luckily I do have Priiloader installed, and so I can get to the Homebrew channel and navigate from there. But I need my Wii to recognize Wii remotes again.

So what's my best plan of action? Is more information needed? I can provide any information needed, including screen caps of my SD card.

I thought one option might be to edit my wii to allow for using a gamecube controller on the system menu, so that I might format my wii system memory, after I back them up with savegame manager, and hope that that will make my wii able to recognize remotes again. I'm open to any ideas or advice, so please, let me know how I can solve this problem.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to sound like a dick, but are you sure that you're syncing them correctly?

Embarrassingly enough, that happened to me. I held down the button the wii instead of just pressing it once...that doesn't work!

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Have you tested other Wii remotes other than yours? Maybe it isn't the Wii's problem but the controllers are.
Also, it's unresponsive, not nonresponsive.

Segaslave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
I don't mean to sound like a dick, but are you sure that you're syncing them correctly?

Embarrassingly enough, that happened to me. I held down the button the wii instead of just pressing it once...that doesn't work!

My god, I feel like such an idiot. I completely forgot that's how you sync them. Hear I thought I had this really complex problem, and boom, it's fixed just like that.

Now I still have no clue why both wii remotes suddenly desynched at the same time, but I guess I can just leave it up to a strange glitch. Thanks for reminding this fool of specifically how to sync them.

Well I feel thoroughly embarrassed. But I am impressed at the strength of this online community.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Segaslave said:
monkat said:

My god, I feel like such an idiot. I completely forgot that's how you sync them. Hear I thought I had this really complex problem, and boom, it's fixed just like that.

Now I still have no clue why both wii remotes suddenly desynched at the same time, but I guess I can just leave it up to a strange glitch. Thanks for reminding this fool of specifically how to sync them.

Well, the important thing is that it's fixed.

Besides, synching doesn't work for me all the time. Kind of finnicky, you know?
biggrin.gif

Segaslave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geoflcl said:
Segaslave said:
monkat said:

Well, the important thing is that it's fixed.

Besides, synching doesn't work for me all the time. Kind of finnicky, you know?
biggrin.gif
Yeah, I guess I just panicked because the way they disconnected was so random. But I'll remember this in the future.

Well thanks to everybody for their help!

journeychen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the similar problem with you, so a friend of mine told me such method, he is a technical guy: okay first check your power that could be one cause. If thisisn't the cause.open the hatch in the front of the wii(not gamecube hatch) wii and then open the hatch on your remote. Then you see the red button on the wii and the wiimote. PRess the red button on the wii and then press the red button on the wiimote should work. If it doesn't just call nintendo did you make te settings so that the sensor bar is ont op of the wii and also put new batteries in!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1