Homebrew None of the cia I got from the SDK are installing, whats could be the problem?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried 3 different installers (DevMenu, FBI 2.3.1, and FBI 1.4.17) and none seem to want to install the cia from the folder. Is there something else I'm suppose to do to the files in order for them to install properly?

P.S. The SDK folder did not include MenuSelector, Config, DevMenu, and Micro SD Management US-NAND. Are those from a different file from the SDK?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SDK cias are encrypted with special keys. You won't be able to install/decrypt them with a retail 3ds. Use already decrypted ones.
I signed up as a developer so I wouldnt have to pirate the SDK from 3rd party sites.

That really bums me out I have to resort to taking it from someplace else.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So this guide wouldnt help me at all?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-a-cia.388677/

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Rip, I signed up for the same fucking reason :/
I spend hours setting up the Environment aswell xD
Atleast we can make proper Banners, Themes e.t.c in the meantime (I guess)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So do we have to resort to getting a Dev 3DS?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where in the rsfgen2.py file do you enter the unique ID (no pictures to show)

is it line #25 ( uid = "".join(c) )? Dont want to mess this up.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

Erikku

GBATemp's Official Cancer Treatment
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the dev build of Luma, if ur using that, allows u to spoof ur 3ds to make the cias think ur running a dev unit, I believe it's the unitinfo patch that does this, but I've only tested this out with a pictochat cia I got from a hush hush site

Dev5359

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the tool/script file made in python. You don't need to alter the script in any way..
it's an automated tool. You put the .csus in the same folder as the program and run it. It asks for the filename of the .csu you want to convert. After you do that it generates the rsf file or whatever. NOT rsfgen2.py. It makes a textfile that you alter. something like rsf.dat? I'm not sure. Either way youre editing the wrong file.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the tool/script file made in python. You don't need to alter the script in any way..
it's an automated tool. You put the .csus in the same folder as the program and run it. It asks for the filename of the .csu you want to convert. After you do that it generates the rsf file or whatever. NOT rsfgen2.py. It makes a textfile that you alter. something like rsf.dat? I'm not sure. Either way youre editing the wrong file.
I open rsfgen2.py as a .txt file and add a unique ID for each .csu and then convert to .cia

Now what do I do about the existing .cia to get those decrypted? The link didnt explain that part.

Dev5359

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to alter the existing .cia. There is a .csu for every program included in the dev kit.
No point, really. I can't help you there.

Check your PM's.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe the dev build of Luma, if ur using that, allows u to spoof ur 3ds to make the cias think ur running a dev unit, I believe it's the unitinfo patch that does this, but I've only tested this out with a pictochat cia I got from a hush hush site
Er... UNITINFO makes your 3DS reacts like a dev unit only about sytem and protocol errors, or some stuff like that (they show a detailed info on the screen when the system/game/app crashes) but luma does not spoof a 3DS to make cias think it is a dev unit

Reactions: Erikku

Erikku

GBATemp's Official Cancer Treatment
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er... UNITINFO makes your 3DS reacts like a dev unit only about sytem and protocol errors, or some stuff like that (they show a detailed info on the screen when the system/game/app crashes) but luma does not spoof a 3DS to make cias think it is a dev unit
Oooh alright, well I'm stupid then xP

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Oooh alright, well I'm stupid then xP
Nah, no one is stupid here (well, except for the annoying kids here on temp)
Sorry if I sounded rude, it was not my intention, I just don't wanted you to receive sh*t post/reply because it didn't work and you recommended to do that (because of these annoying kids on temp)

Reactions: Erikku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs