Hacking NONE of my GBA Roms will save

Futs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 of my friends and myself all got a Supercard SD within a week of each other as well as a Super Key. We are able to play the NDS Roms no problem but everytime I or they play any GBA Roms it refuses to save. For example, the Pokemon Fire Red game will automatically bring me to a blue screen that tells me to wait approximately a minute while it fixes the issue. I waited, the screen never changes and I need to restart the system. I have patches them, I have updated the firmware, and I have tried different Roms to make sure it wasn't the specific file I was trying and nothing seems to help for any of us. HELP!!

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pokemon games use EEPROM saves. You might have to patch the ROMs to get them to work. You could also try the GBA backup tool in a slot-1 card.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, try using another game other than the Pokemon games. The Pokemon ones are tricky, and troubleshooting with them only adds another place where something can go wrong.

Secondly, you *are* using the button combination after saving in-game, right? This info can be found on the FAQ of the Supercard website.

Futs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
First off, try using another game other than the Pokemon games. The Pokemon ones are tricky, and troubleshooting with them only adds another place where something can go wrong.

Secondly, you *are* using the button combination after saving in-game, right? This info can be found on the FAQ of the Supercard website.

I can't do the button combination after saving them because they will not save to begin with. They immediately take me to an error screen.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any error messages in the self-test? Hold L+R upon bootup and press A a few times. Anything other than the harmless "not find test file" error indicates a hardware problem that is not user-fixable.

Futs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Any error messages in the self-test? Hold L+R upon bootup and press A a few times. Anything other than the harmless "not find test file" error indicates a hardware problem that is not user-fixable.
Nope

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty then, let's start everything fresh. Backup your card to your computer, reformat it with the Panasonic SD formatter using a full format (not quick format), re-patch the clean roms with the latest Supercard patcher from the website, make sure the patcher is outputting to your hard drive and not directly to your card, copy the patched roms from the output location to the card, and try again. I still recommend trying games other than the Pokemon ones for starters.

EDIT: Also, you're using an actual SD card, right? Not a microSD card in an adapter?

Futs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Alrighty then, let's start everything fresh. Backup your card to your computer, reformat it with the Panasonic SD formatter using a full format (not quick format), re-patch the clean roms with the latest Supercard patcher from the website, make sure the patcher is outputting to your hard drive and not directly to your card, copy the patched roms from the output location to the card, and try again. I still recommend trying games other than the Pokemon ones for starters.

EDIT: Also, you're using an actual SD card, right? Not a microSD card in an adapter?

Correct, I'm using a 2gig SD. And I just did all of that, and it still does not let me save. I tried Gauntlet Dark Legacy this time and something new happened. It warned me ahead of time that I wouldn't be able to save because my save data is corrupted. Before it never gave me that heads up.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm having the same kind of trouble with my pokemon games on the SC miniSD... I've tried everything I could imagine and still it won't let me save... Even RealTime Save doesn't work, the game freezes whenever I try to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.