Gaming Non-incognito users, BEWARE of Pokémon SS !

dotmehdi

OP
Trophies
Paris, France, Europe, Earth (Milky Way).
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

Sorry for this title but I just want to tell people using their Switch with CFW + 90DNS and who kept their PRODINFO that the game may hijack wifi settings in-game and possibly (not 100% confirmed) overwrite your DNS settings and remove 90DNS !

So, if you don't intend to remove your PRODINFO, I recommend you guys to keep playing it in airplane mode to keep your lovely consoles away from banwaves.

I don't know if I can upload any screenshot of my sources since it's a discord server that is partially related to piracy (if an admin can answer me about that that would be cool) but trust me, a lot of people are dealing with that actually.

Last edited by dotmehdi,

CKkio23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way. It may be possible for them to such a thing but wouldn't it break some of nintendo t.o.s? not sure but that would suck.
i know in the psp scene there was rockband that prevent you from seeing your games and was circumvented by a simple txt file

dotmehdi

OP
Trophies
Paris, France, Europe, Earth (Milky Way).
XP
Country
France
Can I ask? Does updating the switch through choi will remove incognito? Thanks.

No, not at all don't worry. Using incognito will blank your Prodinfo (CAL0), and since they are unique to each device, they can't be restored by any software/os update. The only way to get your data back is to use the restore function in Incognito with your backup file or to restore the autobackup that has been made by Atmosphere at your first boot (but you wont be able to do that with the software).

Reactions: Ecner19
D

Deleted-236924

Yeah no, I call BS on that. There are plenty of legitimate reasons for regular people to use Manual DNS instead of Automatic, perhaps even people who need to set manual DNS in order for their connection to work at all. They wouldn't just mess with people's DNS settings like that.

I mean, I guess they could have hardcoded the public 90DNS IPs into the game so it would overwrite DNS settings if those specific IPs are used, but that would be really stupid, considering that 1) self-hosting is a thing and 2) they could bypass this by just hosting on a different server.

Either way would be really stupid. If they really wanted to block any kind of manual DNS usage just so they could block stuff like 90DNS, they could just not have included the ability to set manual DNS in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there