1. ojobenito

OP ojobenito Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hi.
    I've had my switch working fine with an old version of Atmosphere and my MicroSD card formatted as ex-Fat for quite some time.
    Today, I decided to update and I did everything I always do. I take the MicroSD out, replace atmosphere files with the new ones, upload the payload.bin in the dongle, copy the patches, etc.
    Then, I power up the console without RCM, in "original" state, and I connect it to the internet and upload it using the upgrade option in the console settings. I don't use Choidujour and never had, I always use the "official" update method (I don't mind about e-fuses). When the console is updated, I disconnect it from the internet, power it off, and then I power it on with the SD Card and the RCM Dongle.
    I've always updated this way and no problems until today, when this error appeared:
    [​IMG]

As I said, I already have my SDCard in ex-Fat working ok before updating to the latest firmware. And if I'm using the official updater, it will always install the exFat firmware, won't it?
    I never used choidojour, so I don't know why this error now.
    Any help?
    Thanks!

2. aguztinako

aguztinako Member
    Newcomer

when you make the update without sd installed or Fat32 sd formated ,the console don't need the ex-fat driver, and install only the Fat32 driver.
    Your only chance, is update again with chourdijour and select the correct firmware.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9T mediante Tapatalk

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    1. ExFAT is not recommended, sooner or later it will get corrupted and you may lose all data on it.
    2. You will get banned if you go online on a NAND with installed nsps. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. If you don't care about that, carry on.

4. ojobenito

OP ojobenito Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    But I've been using the exFat sd card all this time with no problems. And I had another console and updated that way, without the sdcard (exfat) and with the official update fron the console settings. Never had this problem. Maybe once the exfat driver is installed once, is there forever either I update with the sdcard inserted or not?
    Btw, I don't mind banning the console. I don't like online gaming in general. That's why I use the update from the settings, iit's faster than choidojour

5. Hernie

Hernie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Plug in the sdcard, boot the switch normally, connect to the internet and I'm pretty sure the switch will update the exfat driver.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You should still be using FAT32 as there are no benefits to using exFAT.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - firmware, (always, online