1. Joonboi

OP Joonboi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've looked all over for an answer for my situation but haven't found one, so ill take my shot.

I backup ALL of my cartridges, as my kids use them with me. a few days ago, my son lost my Pokémon sword cart. so I updated my emuNAND and installed my backup to continue progress until I could find my copy (or buy another one). My question, is, will I lose ALL of my progress in my CFW save when I find (or replace) my cart, or is there a way to transfer that save safely?

Again no editing or hacking done to the save, just continuing the story as I replace my cart.

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Save is stored on the NAND that it was played on, if it was played on sysnand, save is on sysnand.

3. Joonboi

OP Joonboi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the quick reply,!
    I know about that, my question is about getting the UPDATED one from my emuNAND to replace the one on my sysNAND, so that I don't lose whatever progress I make from here to when I get the cart again. I'm hoping that I find it soon and progress is negligible, but if I don't, I wouldn't be able to afford another one for a while.

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    If both NAND are on cfw then you can create a new profile and restore the profile or replace your current one. Probably easier if you just move the pokemon. It different if one NAND was meant for online.

5. Joonboi

OP Joonboi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    sysNAND is clean OFW
    emuNAND is CFW (made from sysNAND right after backup)

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You can just use a homebrew save manager to dump and restore the save files.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - transfer, (Switch, EmuNAND