Non a9lh sysnand with a9lh emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by yusuo, Mar 31, 2016.

1. yusuo
    OP

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Basically I followed pialects guide and have a cfw sysnand and cfw emunand both running a9lh
    My system boots into emunand automatically, I was just curious, is there anyway to get my sysnand to be the original 9.2 I had when I first downgraded, no a9lh, just pure Virgin sysnand while still having my emunand a9lh.
    I have nand backups of every step so I still have a nand backup without a9lh?

2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    you can't do this

3. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino for Hire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    A9LH loads from the sysNAND early in boot so overwriting your sysNAND with a backup from before the hack removes it.

4. yusuo
    OP

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    I thought as much just wanted to ask is all.
    I'll keep the backups just incase I ever need to go back, thanks for the quick answer though.

And I just realised how much of a noob question that was. My apologies

Last edited by yusuo, Mar 31, 2016
  5. solsolis

solsolis GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    Outrealm
    A9LH is installed into NAND. You could take something like reiNAND and modify and remove the sig patching code so all you have is firmlaunch, but the you won't ever be able to boot the 3DS without some sort of CFW.

6. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino for Hire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Every time I install a cia file I just make a quick NAND dump with Decrypt9.
    Quick backup of the entire SD card as well.
    After that, proceeding with installing/fucking around.
    If anything is borked, I just reflash the NAND and copy back the SD contents and try again ;p (never happened yet)

Honestly, I used Emunand back in the 4.5 MSET days (until FW 7.something) and recently installed A9LH.
    I must say I never regretted it c:

I still got me 4.5 GW NAND backup along with the downgraded 9.2 and 10.7 A9LH backup.
    You can never have enough backups as long as your folder structure is organized ;p

daxtsu likes this.