Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The information comes our way via Famitsu, who's issue last week featured an interview with Kingdom Hearts producer Tetsuya Nomura. The interview was mostly about Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, the upcoming PSP entry in the series. The long awaited true sequel in the Kingdom Hearts line is now due for Japanese release this Winter.

Closing off the interview, Nomura said of Birth By Sleep, "There are lots of mysteries or areas of interest, so perhaps people will want to play the next title. There is a secret movie after all."

For those who are new to the Kingdom Hearts franchise, one tradition for the series has been to offer a special video teaser of the next main entry following the end credits of the current entry. Kingdom Hearts II's "secret movie" offered a first glimpse at what ended up becoming Birth By Sleep.

Asked if by "next title" he meant Kingdom Hearts 3, Nomura would only say, "The next title is the next title."

This was just one of many revelations shared by Nomura during the interview. Among the other points of note, we were pleased to hear that Birth By Sleep will offer some 50 hours of play time. Nomura expects each playable character, Aqua, Ventus, and Terra, to take about 15 hours. The remaining time is for customization of your decks.

Adding up the play times for each character may seem like cheating, but it could be appropriate here. Each character takes a different path through the game, explained Nomura, although there are some areas where two or all three meet up.

While those who sample Birth By Sleep and Final Fantasy XIII will get a glimpse at trailers of a few games, Nomura said to not expect footage from Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Final Fantasy Agito XIII, and The Third Birthday to be among them.

News Source: IGN

So I wonder if in Dissidia: Final Fantasy: Universal Tuning, if there will be a trailer for a Dissidia 2...I'm kind of disappointed that we won't see any footage from Versus XIII, Agito XIII, and The Third Birthday but oh well...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read this over at IGN as well, and it's such none news. IGN's been offering up a lot of such stories lately. Summer sure is a slow time for games. How they managed to interpret his statement as a hint at KHIII eludes me.
unsure.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Now that Disney's bought Marvel, maybe we'll see Spiderman or Iron-Man in KH3, if it's made, ofcourse.
I am getting so tired of hearing this. Disney owns the majority of ESPN, you don't see Donald Duck hosting Sportsweek. Disney owns a few movie studios like Miramax, you didn't see Mickey Mouse in "No Country for Old Men" did you? Disney owns Marvel as a company, that's it. There is absolutely no chance you will see Marvel appear in KH3.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 Kingdom Hearts 3 is almost here...They should re-release the first 2 and the Final Mix and Chain of Memories for the PS3 and add Trophies...like they are doing for the God of War Series...

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have the feeling KH3 will be for Wii. They're gonna go for the most sold console.

That because Sony has lost its edge, and Square wants to profit, not please fanboys
wink.gif

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
raulpica said:
I have the feeling KH3 will be for Wii. They're gonna go for the most sold console.

That because Sony has lost its edge, and Square wants to profit, not please fanboys
wink.gif

I doubt that (but you never know) but I have gut feeling it will probably be only for ps3 or go the way of the multi-platform for PS3 and 360 only

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maverick_z said:
raulpica said:

wink.gif

I doubt that (but you never know) but I have gut feeling it will probably be only for ps3 or go the way of the multi-platform for PS3 and 360 only
Only because KH always appeared on Sony consoles? That's not enough solid proof for me.

Monster Hunter was a HUGE seller in Japan, and they switched it to the most selling console, the Wii.

Also don't forget that KH is a somewhat "kiddy" franchise, as a lot of young boys and girls play it.
And what's the console with the larger demographics among young people out there? Oh, the Wii.

I stand by my point
wink.gif
Square-Enix would be stupid making it for the PS3.
Remember that we are not talking about the FF series here, which has a much older audience
smile.gif

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
raulpica said:
Maverick_z said:
raulpica said:

wink.gif

Only because KH always appeared on Sony consoles? That's not enough solid proof for me.

Monster Hunter was a HUGE seller in Japan, and they switched it to the most selling console, the Wii.

Also don't forget that KH is a somewhat "kiddy" franchise, as a lot of young boys and girls play it.
And what's the console with the larger demographics among young people out there? Oh, the Wii.

I stand by my point
wink.gif
Square-Enix would be stupid making it for the PS3.
Remember that we are not talking about the FF series here, which has a much older audience
smile.gif

if you caught on to what I said you would have noticed the small bit in brackets but you never know part. I never said that SE would never put it on the Wii, What I think if they do go with the Wii it'll be like a win-lose scenario for SE because they'll get a shitload fans waiting and wanting forever to play KH on the Wii, but in turn lose a shitload of fans waiting forever to play the "much-anticipated" KHII for PS3

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could care less what console it comes out on...I just want to finish Sora's Story...if it even ends there...I do prefer the gameplay on the PS3 or at the very least....xbox360....becuase I really dont want to be flailing my damn arms pretending to swing the Keyblade...or "Wii-blade" if you will...

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why, do you prefer button controlled sword-slashing over motion controls? If they DO motion controls on KH3 on the Wii (IF there ever is one), it'd definitely be with the MotionPlus, so why the hate?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Why, do you prefer button controlled sword-slashing over motion controls? If they DO motion controls on KH3 on the Wii (IF there ever is one), it'd definitely be with the MotionPlus, so why the hate?
That's true. If that's the case, I'd definitely want it. But on the other hand, the PS3 Wand and Natal for ,PS3 and 360 respectively, will have motion controls by the time it does come out so why does it matter?

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the last Kingdom Hearts game. I'm about tired hearing about the series and seeing weeaboo tweenagers all over the Internet talking about how cool Rikkkusuasoruaxus or whatever the shit is.

In fact, I hope this is the last Nomura game we see in a while. The guy can't write, and his designing styles have hit rock bottom.

/end rant

On the more positive side, maybe KH3 will actually be interesting.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope Kingdom Hearts 3 will be for PS2. I only have a Ps2 thats why.

@Overlord Nadrian, PS3 has motion control also in there remotes.

I hope it will be for PS2 so i could play it. PS3 for the graphics, Wii not really since it won't have good graphics. Kh is mostly about combat,story, and the amazing graphics off all the games. Even the GBA one had good graphics. I hope it won't be for Xbox 360 since I hate it. PS2,PS3, Maybe Wii.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
I hope Kingdom Hearts 3 will be for PS2. I only have a Ps2 thats why.

@Overlord Nadrian, PS3 has motion control also in there remotes.

I hope it will be for PS2 so i could play it. PS3 for the graphics, Wii not really since it won't have good graphics. Kh is mostly about combat,story, and the amazing graphics off all the games. Even the GBA one had good graphics. I hope it won't be for Xbox 360 since I hate it. PS2,PS3, Maybe Wii.

Nope it won't be happening. I can tell you right now it won't be on the PS2.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nomura is a PS3 fanboy, so that makes it sure to be on PS3. Also, the guy should hurry the hell up with Final Fantasy XIII Versus. It's taking forever to get out and there hasn't been any new updates on it for a while.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
Nomura is a PS3 fanboy, so that makes it sure to be on PS3. Also, the guy should hurry the hell up with Final Fantasy XIII Versus. It's taking forever to get out and there hasn't been any new updates on it for a while.

Can't call him a PS3 fanboy if he hasn't even developed anything on the PS3. Final Fantasy XIII is literally the first game they're even developing on the PS3. If you were to say a Sony fanboy, that would be a different story.

And Versus will probably end up like Birth By Sleep, work on FFXIII in Japan and then have a slew of more info with a release date for Winter 2010.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol