OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
This phone really caught my attention.
Anyone have this phone, and can give a simple "pro/con" of wat YOU think?

Any good places to buy it in the US other than ebay
sleep.gif
?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
you need to ask yourself what you need in a phone and then see if it's really what you want, you should check out youtube for video reviews and gsm arena for comparison to your current phone if you still have it.

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
i have the choice beteween this and an iphone, i test the two for 2 hour and i choose the iphone lol and i don't regret at all......

N95 is good but for the same price you can got an ipod with a lot of feature.... N95 is very good too

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i've got one, the camera is AWESOME, the gps not so, it works but it usually takes at least 5 mins to connect and it disconnects too easily, like if u put the phone in ur pocket or smet. its great for playing music as u can encode into aac for really small files with awesome sound quality...get urself a pair of in ear headphones and set the bass to high and u can't beat it!

mastermanna123

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I want it mainly because of it's feature richness.

My likes:
-Good camera
-features
-gps
-3.5g phone
-big screen
-8gb memory!?
-multimedia functionality (watch movies, videos, music, games, etc.)
-internet

Dislikes:
-battery eater
-big and fat
-no keyboard (for a phone that big)
-easy to scratch screen

I really like the iphone too but, text and sms is pretty much impossible for me. my hands arent such a fan of touch screen (as primary input) phones.
*presses 5 on the screen..."24568" appears... -__-;*

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
dont bother with the n95, wait a month and get the n96, same kind of phone just better gps and freeview tv built in. Dont get the iphone, they cant do much, i mean they cant even record video.

cherryduck, you got assisted gps on? It takes me under a minute to lock on to a signal and thats when im inside. P.s. update nokia maps too.

Oh yeah and n96 should be around £500 on pay as you go too. Plus its got updated flash player and 16gig inbuilt memory. Also the gps reciever is located in a different place to obtain and keep a better signal. Tho with updated nokia maps i dont have any issues with the gps on my n95

found a full feature difference list between n95/n96

Major differences between N95 and N96

* 16GB of integrated memory (as opposed to 8GB for N95 8GB), plus further extensibility via microSD memory card
* 2.8 inch display with 16 million colours (same as N95 8GB, versus 2.6" display for original N95)
* Camera flash is a dual-LED in the N96 while it is only a single LED in the N95
* New audio DSP for improved audio quality and longer playback time
* New version of Nokia Video Centre
* Longer music playback time (14 hrs) and video playback time (5 hrs)
* Windows Media WMV9 video codec is added
* Hardware acceleration for video codecs for H.264 and WMV (as well as MPEG4 as before)
* Location tagging (geotagging) of pictures, using the integrated GPS
* Mobile TV DVB-H receiver is built into N96
* New release of Nokia Experience Software
o Maps 2.0 with satellite images, upgrade to pedestrian mode and voice-guided car navigation
o Internet Radio pre-installed
o Home Media Solution (sync with DLNA / UPnP devices over WLAN)
o Online sharing of pictures with plugins for Flickr, Ovi Share and other services (Can be added on N95 with newer version of Share Online Application)
* S60 3rd Edition is upgraded from Feature Pack 1 to Feature Pack 2
o Symbian OS is upgraded from version 9.2 to 9.3
o The Java ME engine is upgraded from MIDP 2.0 to MIDP 2.1
o User data is preserved when upgrading firmware (This feature is also present on the N95-2 as v21 installs UDP base files)
* The FM radio is upgraded with RDS
* Limited graphics acceleration (only for internal apps)
* N96 is a dual-band HSDPA (900 and 2100 MHz) while N95 was a single band (2100)
* MicroSD memory card slot (as in original N95, while N95 8GB has no card slot)
* Same battery as original N95 (950 mAh), but the N96 reportedly has a much better battery life using the same battery.
* No need to open the slide for optimal GPS reception
* New design
o Landscape-oriented design (landscape oriented speakers, connectors and buttons located optimally for landscape use)
o Flip-out kickstand
o Media keys available in all modes (even when slide is closed, for background control of music)
o Media keys on short side can transform into gaming keys
o Lockswitch (enables quick lock / unlock of keypad)
o Thinner and lighter than N95 8GB
* No infra-red port on N96
* CPU downgraded to ARM9 264MHz for N96
* No Hardware 3D graphics accelerator for N96
* N-Gage included

mastermanna123

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
jaxxster said:
dont bother with the n95, wait a month and get the n96, same kind of phone just better gps and freeview tv built in. Dont get the iphone, they cant do much, i mean they cant even record video.

cherryduck, you got assisted gps on? It takes me under a minute to lock on to a signal and thats when im inside. P.s. update nokia maps too.

Oh yeah and n96 should be around £500 on pay as you go too. Plus its got updated flash player and 16gig inbuilt memory. Also the gps reciever is located in a different place to obtain and keep a better signal. Tho with updated nokia maps i dont have any issues with the gps on my n95

found a full feature difference list between n95/n96

Major differences between N95 and N96

*Specification/features N96 vs. N95*

Wow
ohmy.gif
thats one heck of an upgraded model of the nokia phone. Sure is worth the wait. Now I must await pricing
unsure.gif

Hope the internet puts it up as around $500 or lower (still a lot, but i think its worth it). Anything over that is just asking me to rethink.
Im a junkie for portable electronics.
DS in my left pocket for games. PSP in right for media. Cell phone for calls...
If not all, I could at least substitute my psp and aged cell phone.
My ds and N96 stay with me.

btw. thanks a lot for the help and stuff
grog.gif

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My dad has an N95 8GB and my friend has an N82. They're pretty much the same phone, except the N82 has a smaller screen (same resolution), very different keys (you must NOT have fingernails if you want to use the N82), and the screen will tilt when the phone itself is tilted (whereas the N95 has to have the phone slid the other way to get the screen sideways).

The N96 will be pretty damned expensive... maybe you should get the N85 (yet to be released), which as far as I know, it pretty much the same as the N95.

http://www.nokia.com/A4136001?newsid=1246129

Or the N79 (also yet to be released), which has a lot of the same features, except smaller and doesn't come with the 8GB microSD the N85 comes with.

http://www.nokia.com/A4136001?newsid=1246124

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I've recently got an N95, I'm quite happy about it.
But I heard the N95-8GB is much better: smoother design, 8 GB embedded flash memory, and more RAM (I think).
Mine could really do with more ram.
But overall, yeah, it really does the job!
The features are endless, I've got it a month ago and I haven't used all of them yet.

Edit: I had the opportunity to get the phone for only 80 euro. I have to say it's well worth the 80 euro
biggrin.gif

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello said:
I've recently got an N95, I'm quite happy about it.
But I heard the N95-8GB is much better: smoother design, 8 GB embedded flash memory, and more RAM (I think).
Mine could really do with more ram.
But overall, yeah, it really does the job!
The features are endless, I've got it a month ago and I haven't used all of them yet.

Edit: I had the opportunity to get the phone for only 80 euro. I have to say it's well worth the 80 euro
biggrin.gif

I forgot to mention, the N95 8GB has a larger screen than the original N95, but it doesn't have expandable memory, only stuck to 8GB (which is still a lot).

Nice work Costello... wish I could get an N95 for 80 Euros...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: