Nokia 5730 or Nokia 5800

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Chris_Skylock, Aug 24, 2009.

?

Which Nokia XpressMusic to have

1. Nokia 5730 XpressMusic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Aug 24, 2009

Nokia 5730 or Nokia 5800 by Chris_Skylock at 5:35 PM (2,292 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    Which of these Nokia XpresMusic phones should I have next? These are the only phone that I want and no Motorola ones. God, I hate their designs.

I cant have Sony Ericsson Walkman phones, nor LG nor Samsung SPECIALLY on iPhone. I have Php15,000 limit.

This is to upgrade my current Nokia 5320 XpressMusic.

I need a VGA video camcorder with decent camera (Carl Zeiss)
    I need a music player that can have over 1000 songs on my playlist (5320 can only have 500 and will be broken if more than that)

I can include the 5630 but it has a VGA camcorder at 15 frames per second. My 5320 has 240x320 @ 15 fps.

Any more debate will be considered as flaming so stay on topic. I need your votes and not any useless posts.

I already reviewed these products and I cant decide which to choose. Im an expert on Nokia phones and I know the pros and cons of each so no need to tell me which one suck. That's considered off-topic.

I was already given a demo by the kind Nokia representatives in my area and they are my bestfriend. Plus I can be given a very very special discount.

Price tags:

Nokia 5730 is Php 16,500
    Nokia 5800 is Php 14,000
    Nokia 5630 is Php 11,500

What else I am missing detail?

Specs at GSMARENA.com

best known Pros on the 5730

Slide QWERTY keyboard
    almost the same as the 5320 (despite calling it the successor of the 5320)

best known cons of the 5730

it's a slide for god dammit. I can destroy it at one touch if im in a RAGE mode or someone made me angry

best known pros of 5800

it's touchscreen

best known cons of 5800

buggy OS (God, my 5320's OS is fucking ridiculous, it's so buggy. even at v4.13)
    same fate as a Nintendo DS (I need a screen protector. it doesnt have Ouendan games though)

I will close the poll at anytime starting tomorrow as I will buy it at anytime starting tomorrow so I need rush votes now.

2. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    After the intense re-review of these two products, I am happy to tell you that I'll go with the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic despite that we already have one (The one given to my brother from my father) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28EUqUEcjYQ

I reviewed these two products again awhile ago at the Nokia Store in my area. The kind representatives gave me time to review the actual products for 2 hours and I applied my personal experiences and knowledge about these two phones.

The Nokia 5730 is a great phone to re-introduce what PDAs had done before and added a new twist on it. The biggest drawback of this phone to me is that it is a sliding phone. All of my sliding (and foldable) phones were destryed in half because of my un-controllable anger management when people annoy me.

The Nokia 5800, in my expectations, will have a longer spport nd ill now have a stable firmware releases to fix the buggy OS. As of v.21 (currently of writing), it's still buggy. But with the stable build and the quality of the product, it's safe for me to purchase this.

As my love for the Nintendo DS (because of touchscreen), I can easily adapt to this next generation on mobile phones (touchscreen)

Thank you for your time in reading this. And I hope that people with similar interest on these phones will have the decision to finally buy the best phone.

3. Burnedmagix

Member Burnedmagix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yay, I have a 5800 XpressMusic too [​IMG]
    Currently, I love it. It's like a replacement iPhone kinda.

4. madtamski

Member madtamski GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I have a 5800 too.

It comes with an 8GB mem card as standard, so yeah that's a lot of music to play through the in-built stereo speakers (which are quite loud btw!).

Video recording is suberb, it records in what they call mini-hd (lol), it's basically 640x360 at 30fps.

The camera is ok, not brilliant (3.2 Megapixel), but it does come with a Carl Zeiss lens...

I've had this phone a couple of months, and have not encountered any problems with the Symbian OS.

There's loads of apps/games out there for it too if you know where to look [​IMG]
    You'll need to get yourself a developer cert through if you want to sign some symbian warez.

My last phone was the HTC Touch Diamond and I ended up hating it, the battery life was terrible, their touchflo 3d software was always crashing and windows mobile is a pile of pish...

Recycled it for £ 101 though [​IMG]

5. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    Just received my very own Nokia 5800 and sadly, Im frustrated on typing whatever I want. Grrr....

It's color red and it has everything. The one on the youtube is the color blue and it belongs to my bro.

Talk whatever you want here about Nokia XpressMusic and see if someone can manage to buy his Music phone.

Sadly, I only have the unit. The whole package is from my mom which she took from the store when we bought it today as she went on a 2-hour trip. She'll be back and I'll do some videos tomorrow evening.

thank you so much for the votes