Noel Confirmed in new FF XIII Lightning Returns trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Black-Ice, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Black-Ice
    OP

Member Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

United Kingdom
    Whether or not he's playable, we don't know. But he's defiantly in the game and it seems at one point he fights Lightning. The trailer also shows Autumn 2013 as the release date so far,
    I assume a November release.
    Personally some more Sazh would be nice, but I liked noel.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  2. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    I always thought that Noel looked like a Kingdom Hearts cast off rather than a FFXIII character.

riyaz and McHaggis like this.
  3. Black-Ice
    OP

United Kingdom
    Puffy trousers and all, yeah I can see that.
    Hmmm, there was just something about him and Caius that I just liked.
    I assume Caius will be in this too. Otherwise that secret XIII-2 ending lied to me,

EZ-Megaman and riyaz like this.
  4. Kamiyama

Member Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    "Let's do some awesome graphics that aren't even that awesome that run with awesome 2fps and then don't even be that awesome on awesome consoles!!!"

"PC release? PCs are crap and can't handle this awesomes."

"Gameplay? That's bullshit, you just need "awesome" graphics!"

Really, SE? Is this really what you've become? My PS3's X-button is already raped to death with XIII and XIII-2. Now I can do it to other buttons too!

That's why FF is dead for me. I really hope that DQ series doesn't get that kind of fate. I loved older FF titles because of old school grinding and in battles about navigating all those skills and spells like mad man to use them on enemy weaknesses. Battles was then short enough to do that stuff. I mean, in FFXIII even ONE NORMAL FIGHT can take about 15-20 minutes and that time you only rape your X or A buttons! Really, what the hell?!

jalaneme and BAHIM Z 360 like this.
  5. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Hope its as good or better as XIII-2. Really gonna miss that Monster Crystal system though, made the game that much more addictive to me.

Still gonna Platinum it too...pretty sure I was only 3 or 4 trophies away.

riyaz likes this.
  6. Felipe_9595

Member Felipe_9595 GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Its funny because the best FF they have launched in the past years has been Final Fantasy Dimensions for android xddddd (The game is damn good, SE should do more stuff like that)

7. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Don't know about you guys, but I've personally like the Final Fantasy games released since VII (this one seems to be the deal breaker for many). Sure they may not be the same as FFVII, but I can't remember when I last played a game with as much input into it than FFXII. The fighting system was kinda cool and there aren't any bugs so far. FFXIII was very different (a bit of a tunnel run until the end part of the game with an open world), but I still did get my money's worth out of it.

I'm interested in seeing what the actual plot of the new game is. Lightning is a cool character IMO so there are lots of possibilities.

Black-Ice and porkiewpyne like this.
  8. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    someone needs to make those sunglasses! I would buy them all! B-)

porkiewpyne likes this.
  9. jakeyjake

Member jakeyjake GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They need to stop releasing spin offs to 13. 13 wasn't great in the first place. The gameplay was meh compared to 12, and didn't flow like a ff. It was actually really bad. If I didn't have drugs, I wouldn't have rented that game and played it. lol.

Go back to classic or at the very least go back to 12 gameplay. The only problem with 12 was the plot was pretty bad. The characters didn't make me want to like them. But damn that gameplay was awesome!

10. Black-Ice
    OP

United Kingdom
    You know what, I never hear anyone complain about the ATB system in IV or in Chrono Trigger, it's always XIII
    Tell me, when many good square games use ATB why does noone complain about it in them? What makes XIII so special?

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  11. jakeyjake

Member jakeyjake GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I haven't played chrono trigger in more than a decade, but I don't recall it being bad. Maybe it's awesome story line makes up for it.

And I wasn't talking about the atb system for the most part. The gameplay was just meh. You had to play for a ton of hours before it felt like you could go exploring. Sure, other FF games hid this linear pattern very well, but it wasn't straight linear, you could explore full areas and towns for much longer.

And the story was just not fun. I wouldn't have minded if it had stayed at one game, and then they moved on. But going for a third game? seriously? I didn't like x-2 either. It's pure money grubbing. Why make something new when you can just rehash something old? Well, I probably shouldn't have expected better from a company that has re-released so many of their games. However, accessibility is a different matter than making sequels to games that historically don't have sequels. Other than x-2, but let's not talk about that one.

12. Black-Ice
    OP

United Kingdom
    Heh alright I see your point.
    XIII too linear and XIII-2 had no line whatsoever.
    I hope they learn from the 1st two and make a nice final game for the series.