Nodame Cantabille informal review

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by deathfisaro, May 5, 2007.

May 5, 2007
  1. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Mar 16, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    My girlfriend read the comics and somewhat liked it so I got this game for her.
    It's made by Bandai Namco games, which made Taiko no Tatsujin.

Both me and my girlfriend beat OTO on Cheer Girls and EBA on Hard Rock, but neither of us all-perfected the concert part (well at least not on the first try, compared to how easy it is to all 300 OTO/EBA)
    I have to say I hate how the "tact forces" come down all jiggle jiggle. (The notes coming down from above are called tact forces, the circled notes coming from right are called "sound points" The rainbow sound points can be either slided, or tapped consecutively)

Opposed to concert part, Taiko no Tatsujin part is quite easy. Taiko hard mode is actually as easy as Taiko no Tasujin Portable (for PSP)'s easy mode. (I also own PSP and both TnT Portable 1&2)

If you pass a song, you'll get Tatsujin (experienced person), and if you all combo you'll get dai-Tatsujin (Master).
    The best rank I got on conductor part is Tres Bien, I'm not sure if there is a higher rank than this. (Possibly all perfect?)

I have played less than an hour yet, but I'm actually disappointed with this. The game has no score, no record of how many perfect, normal, bad, or how many consecutive perfect's you've done (well people clapping doesn't really help with HOW MANY), or on what combo you're at. Also the story mode is quite bugging, the places without the mongoos (mongrel? I don't know what this thing is called in English) can also have people and stuff.. Visiting 8 places to find that 7 places have nobody around is surely a waste of time. And since story mode will not record any ranks, it's pretty useless to do well on story mode. In the collection, all composers look exactly the same, with differnt wig and mustache. And they still look like 15 with mustache on.

I'd have to rank EBA > OTO > Nodame > Pinky Street KiraKira Music Hour > Daigasso Band Brothers.
    Actually you know what I like EBA, DJ Max Portable, and Taiko no Tatsujin Portable about the same. So this is like my 5th favorite handheld console music game.

I don't think I'll play it at all if OTO 2 comes out. I'd be rather excited to see Taiko no Tatsujin DS. With full left and right Don, Kat implemented.

By the way I made the exact same topic on gamefaqs, the board is absolutely dead.

Closing up review, score? If you have any of EBA,OTO1/2(well you wouldn't have 2 yet =P), Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 1/2, stick with it. TnT part is inferior to TnTP, and concert part is inferior to EBA.

P.S. If the formatting is really bad, I'm sorry. I'm an engineering person, not good at writing stuff =(
  2. kemosabe

Member kemosabe GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2006
    i discovered the game yesterday and it could have been a good game.
    but like you said they messed up up numerous things.
  3. felix123

Member felix123 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2006
    New Zealand
    The Ouendan-with-classical-music concept is interesting, but it's just too easy.

I say play it for the Taiko part, until TaikoDS comes out in July.
  4. nephdj

Member nephdj GBAtemp Fan

Apr 13, 2007
    I remember playing the flash demo on the japanese site, thinking "gosh this is terriable but people think its good?"
    then I played the full game, and it was the same thing, just with a few mini games

personally I think its pretty poor, but decent for a indy studio